Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Can a lot happen in 2 years?

Can a lot happen in 2 years?

Posted - November 7, 2018

Responses

Uh...yes?
      November 7, 2018 10:21 AM MST

• Sorry, I guess I was expecting people to read more into it.
      November 7, 2018 11:24 AM MST

I lot can happen in two weeks or two months, too.  Trump better order in a large supply of Desitin ointment because the House is going to chafe him raw.
      November 7, 2018 11:27 AM MST

• No, the House is going to chafe the American people raw, will surely get Trump re-elected.  Either way, I will not vote for him, did not the first time.
      November 7, 2018 11:32 AM MST

We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?
      November 7, 2018 1:52 PM MST

• Yes, let's see how many government shutdowns we have over the next few years, and the blame games that'll accompany.
      November 7, 2018 4:47 PM MST

Um, if I'm not mistaken, it was the GOP who gave us the last shut down.  
      November 7, 2018 6:50 PM MST

• And what happened then?  The blame game, both sides.
      November 7, 2018 6:53 PM MST

Then Trump should be smart enough to not let that happen again.  He is is not just the president of his base - he is the president of the country.  ALL the people of this country.  
      November 7, 2018 6:56 PM MST

• Democrats already admitted they're not going to give up on trying to hang him, so not much hope of him giving much on any deals.
      November 7, 2018 6:59 PM MST

He has taken an offensive stance against the Dems from the get-go.  He is nasty, crude, rude, unpleasant, treats women like dirt and has no idea what diplomacy is.  
    Why would anyone want to work for or with him?  As far as his "accomplishments," the only one of any substance was the tax reduction, which I believe is going to come back and slap him in the butt.  Everything else was done by executive order and merely dismantled policies that were in effect.  He hasn't produced his tax returns, which he promised he would do when he was campaigning, he hasn't been able to get funding for his Wall - not even from his own party, he hasn't lowered the cost of medical care, he hasn't repealed and replaced Obamacare, he hasn't done one thing about infrastructure.  Now that the election is over, you won't hear another thing about a tax cut for the middle class - it was a ploy to get people to vote Republican.  He promised he wouldn't touch Social Security, Medicare o Medicaid and now the GOP is talking about reducing those benefits.  You won't see them negotiating drug prices with Big Pharma either because that was another carrot to get people to vote Republican.  

All in all, he's nothing but a big bag of hot air.  I think we should fill a balloon with it and send him up in a basket.
      November 7, 2018 8:45 PM MST

i think so
      November 7, 2018 2:45 PM MST

Indeed.  Unless, of course, you are a White Cedar in Canada. Then many 2's come and go and nothing really changes.

November 7, 2018 6:01 PM MST

Could be yes, could be no. 
      November 7, 2018 10:32 PM MST