Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A mom who lost her son in the California bar massacre said she is TIRED of thoughts and prayers! She wants GUN CONTROL. Can you relate?

A mom who lost her son in the California bar massacre said she is TIRED of thoughts and prayers! She wants GUN CONTROL. Can you relate?

Posted - November 9, 2018

Responses

While prayers can indeed do much, there needs to be "legs" on those prayers.  Simply giving thoughts and prayers is like telling a starving person, "go your way, be filled" - yet not giving them anything to eat.  Many people don't know what they can do when tragedies hit or they are unable to do anything, so they "send thoughts and prayers" in an effort to let those who are suffering know that others are thinking of them.  HOwever, thoughts and prayers mean little to someone whose child was killed in a senseless shooting.  Isolated incidents are one thing, but when it happens week after week after week and no one does anything but "send thoughts and prayers" something is dreadfully wrong.  We have massive gun control laws on the books today.  problem is, they don't enforce them.  known mental patients can still get them.  People upload plans on the internet on how to print your own (untraceable) 3D gun.
    So what's the answer?  one side screams gun control's teh answer.  The other side screams that guns are the only thing keeping our society from sinking into total anarchy.  Who's right?  who's wrong?  the fight rages on.  In the meantime people die in shooting massacres... day after day, week after week.....
      November 9, 2018 10:26 AM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak. There will never be solution. America is made up of gun people and anti-guns. The NRA is a very strong bully that funds political campaigns. If pols have to choose between life and funding guess which they choose? It is hopeless. Hope your wrists are giving you too much trouble today. Happy Friday!  :)
      November 9, 2018 1:00 PM MST

If only gun control laws would actually prevent nuts and criminals from getting guns.
      November 9, 2018 10:32 AM MST

Yes, totally.., I have kind of given up hope on this one.. all the lessons that are there to be learned aren't being learned.. I feel a little despairing.. what WILL it take? 
      November 9, 2018 11:23 AM MST

As I wrote in my reply to Shuhak Addb there will never be a resolution to this issue. America consists of gun people and anti-guns. The gun folks have the big rich bully NRA in its corner. All pols would rather  get money for their political campaigns than save lives. It's a given. So we are stuck as long as that is true and I believe that will be true from now till kingdom come and beyond. I have given up hope too. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! Nice ta see ya!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 10, 2018 1:56 AM MST
      November 9, 2018 1:03 PM MST