Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » What's up with YouTube's new sharing options, where it suggests people to share a video with?

What's up with YouTube's new sharing options, where it suggests people to share a video with?

It keeps suggesting I send videos to my ex, who coincidentally appears right next to my divorce attorney on the list. O_o

Are you guys getting odd suggestions too?

Posted - November 9, 2018

Responses

I have been using it for years to put videos on here. No odd suggestions...or I haven't noticed them.
      November 10, 2018 7:50 AM MST

I haven't seen anything like that, and I wouldn't like it if I did. Although, it could be funny, if it suggested certain videos for certain people. 
      November 10, 2018 8:43 AM MST

It doesn't seem to change based on the type of video. Last night I giggled because the video I was grabbing was of "Taps" playing, but I see the same people on my list pretty much every time. 
      November 10, 2018 11:47 AM MST

Hehe! 

I'm sure it's people you're connected with on Google or something. I'm always getting questions on my phone about syncing my contacts and I always say no. It's bad enough that our smartphones listen to everything we say!
      November 10, 2018 9:31 PM MST

• Gimme your social media account and I'll share a video with you.  I promise it's not Jeff the killer. :P
      November 10, 2018 9:04 AM MST

ive never seen that, nnaybe your ex put it there
      November 10, 2018 2:24 PM MST

Why no.  I have received no such messages. But then again, I have never shared anything, so maybe I did not encourage it enough.
      November 10, 2018 9:37 PM MST