Active Now

Slartibartfast
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Would you describe for us the best days of your life so far?

Would you describe for us the best days of your life so far?

I always dreamed of living by the ocean, having a boat, and a son to go fishing with.  That dream came true and it was even better than I had imagined because we caught tons of fish and had fun doing it.  There were about eight years there, until he discovered girls, that I would call my best years so far.  But being retired, now that I'm getting used to the idea of not becoming rich or famous, is starting to shape up nicely too.  I'll keep you posted.

Posted - November 10, 2018

Responses

I sat and thought about your question.

And, truly, this is what came to my mind for some of my best days.

The days when my piano teacher first introduced me to the piano music of composer Robert Muczynski. Working on Muczynski's compositions NEVER -- and I mean  NEVER -- was/is a chore. Muczynski 'spoke' to me from "Day One" and we've been 'conversing' ever since.
    :)

And here is the first Muczynski piece my piano teacher assigned me -- the concluding sixth prelude from "Six Prelude, Opus 6."
    Only a minute in length but wondrous for me!

From the appearance of this young pianist, I sort of assume I was approximately the same age as she when I first learned this.
    Maybe a slipped note or two, but this young pianist has got it! Yes!

This post was edited by Just Asking at November 11, 2018 12:46 PM MST
      November 10, 2018 4:40 PM MST

Alfred Hitchcock!
      November 12, 2018 12:10 AM MST

Maybe that's why I like his music so much, ha!
      November 12, 2018 7:28 AM MST

Rearing my children.......those days were the hardest and the best.
      November 11, 2018 1:33 PM MST

cant, inn still waiting for it
      November 11, 2018 3:03 PM MST