Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Who are the two funniest people of whom you are aware and in a duel of wits which one would win? Why?

Who are the two funniest people of whom you are aware and in a duel of wits which one would win? Why?

Posted - November 12, 2018

Responses

Two of the funniest people I've ever seen are Robin Williams and George Carlin.  Unfortunately, neither of them is still around.
      November 12, 2018 8:14 AM MST

Very true and very sad. I wonder if there'll ever again be such one-of-a-kinds? Thank you for your reply L! :)
      November 12, 2018 4:38 PM MST

I honestly can't think of anyone these days who is as quick-witted and laugh-out-loud funny as either of them.  More's the pity.
      November 12, 2018 8:14 PM MST

Me too neither L! Remember Mort Sahl and Lenny Bruce? Different kinds of humor to be sure but they got and kept your attention!  Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesdsay! :)
      November 13, 2018 2:48 AM MST

Yes, I remember them, too.  Lenny Bruce was not quite my cup of tea, but Mort Sahl was funny.
      November 13, 2018 9:28 PM MST

• Sid Cesar and Imogene Coca...   Sid and Carl Reiner, too.     Sid and Mel Brooks.   All classics.
      November 13, 2018 9:40 PM MST

True dat!  So long ago and far away. Where are the female comics today? I guess all the funny guys are on late-night TV. Any gals have such shows? Thank you for your reply lavender! :)
      November 14, 2018 4:01 AM MST

• Where are the funny females today indeed?!   Back then there was also Ruth Gordon, whom I believe was one of the writers for I Love Lucy.   I loved her.   They just don't make them like that anymore. 
      November 14, 2018 8:02 AM MST

Well I don't think there needs to be any competition but they can just exist side by side. Really these days listen to or watch hardly and comedy but am more drawn to finding what comedy there is in everyday situations. Formerly - someone mentioned George Carlin who was very funny.  Robin Williams was vert talented but I never thought funny. Ellen DeGeneres was very funny in her stand-up days and I recall seeing years ago on TV some young comedians - very funny but can't recall their names.  One man did a routine about a child with the mannerisms of an old person which was priceless. Joan Rivers I did not like except when she was older and making all those funny retorts and observations on that fashion show. Richard Prior was very funny. Roseanne Barr hilarious but the kind of thing you can't help laughing at but you sort of don't like yourself for laughing at. No question now people seem to take themselves much too seriously.  Including probably me. 
      November 14, 2018 8:31 AM MST