Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Which Olympic sport would be an easy one to master?

Which Olympic sport would be an easy one to master?

I'm thinking about becoming an Olympian for the next games in Japan. I figure I will have four years to get ready. I do, however, want to make sure that I medal. What would be a good Olympic sport for a middle age man to learn and master?

Posted - August 21, 2016

Responses

• Ah, there you go!!
    That's just sliding downhill really really fast.
    I mean, even if I fall, I'm still going to keep on sliding, yes?
    Gravity should do most of the work there.
    Good one.

August 22, 2016 7:32 AM MDT

• Wow!
    How about that. I thought you were being patronising, as in doubting the legitimacy of my endeavor.
    I did not know anything about that.
    Thank you!

August 22, 2016 7:37 AM MDT

• Talking about darts, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (tHe Daily Mail of course), that darts would be an Olympic event in 2024!
    I'm afraid, however, that by then, I may be too much of a, as my dear friend from above called me, too much of an old bloke.
    Javelin, maybe.
    It's just chucking a spear down the field. I'm sure that I already know how to do that. Which would cut the time needed to learn by about, 13%. I think. And that's good.
    I just have to throw it really far.
    Good Suggestion, T. Thank you for responding.

August 22, 2016 7:46 AM MDT

• You are probably right. But then again, what isn't.
    Where has greed not squeezed its slimy little hands into, raising flags of human celebration, and spiritual upbringing only as a subterfuge for blatant profiteering and grabby fuckery?

August 22, 2016 7:58 AM MDT

• LOL

With super slick protective clothing. Artificial dolphin skin.

August 22, 2016 12:44 PM MDT

• No so, Thrifty. No country has ever made a profit from the Olympics.

It is said that there is a temporary boom in employment in building facilities and providing services - however, these are costs to the taxpayers purse and do not provide long-term security.

The level of debt required to build the facilities means that it will never be paid off by usage. The buildings have built in obsolescence and will rust, corrode and decay before even the interest on the debt is paid (which is never because it compounds.)

August 22, 2016 2:47 PM MDT

• Well, i think that would not be manly enough. I still would like to maintain a certain degree of masculinenisity. Unless I can juggle something different from a hula hoop of a ribbon on a stick. Maybe perhaps chainsaws. Or I can perform with a bald eagle or something. You know freedom and all.
    While wearing one of those Bearskin furry hats.
    Thank you Lucia. I always appreciate it greatly when you comment.

August 24, 2016 8:38 AM MDT

rowing, curling, ping pong,  You can do it. I am rooting for you! Go Potter!

August 24, 2016 8:47 AM MDT

• Haha
    Finally a supportive voice!
    Thank you Carazaa. That did make me smile

Thank you for responding.

August 24, 2016 2:14 PM MDT

I think the easiest Olympic sport to "master" is the 100m dash.

When you hear the gun go off, run as fast as you can for about 10 seconds. That seems pretty simple to me.

Of course, being able to traverse the 100m in a competitive time is a whole other kettle of fish.

September 2, 2016 9:38 AM MDT