Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Politics is an evil enterprise. I understand religions encouraging members to avoid it. But why discourage higher education?

Politics is an evil enterprise. I understand religions encouraging members to avoid it. But why discourage higher education?

Where is the danger in becoming MORE knowledgeable about the world, how things work, what others think? Isn't wanting one's children to EXCEL and become the very best they can be what parents do or OUGHT to do? Isn't education a key to facilitating that? I don't get it. Do you ?

Posted - November 15, 2018

Responses

Are we still talking about religion?

There is not a single word of praise for human intelligence in the entire Bible.
    All monotheist scriptures promote faith as a virtue above all other virtues, that is to say, belief is more important to “God” than is human wisdom.
    Even the fourth century clerics who cobbled the Bible together were prescient enough to figure out future knowledge would expose their scam. Islam condemns any teachings outside of the Koran. Hence the vested bias against pursuing higher education. Can’t have the lay folk thinking for themselves, lest they be awakened to the backward dictates of religion. 

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the alleged Creator of human intelligence. Religion wants you compliant, not enlightened. 

November 15, 2018 8:33 PM MST