Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Float/drift. Tread water. Swim. Drown. In the sea of life those are your options. How have you managed so far? By doing what?

Float/drift. Tread water. Swim. Drown. In the sea of life those are your options. How have you managed so far? By doing what?

Posted - November 17, 2018

Responses

Well a few decades ago I was taking on water and sinking fast but luckily the SS Linda was steaming towards me to  and she  threw me a line. So now I'm un sinkable and doing fine. Cheers and happy weekend!
      November 17, 2018 10:10 AM MST

I would call that practicing the symbolic "swimming" mentioned above.
      November 17, 2018 10:21 AM MST

The Unsinkable Nanoose! Male version of the Unsinkable Molly Brown! Excellent Nanoose! I'm unsinkable too and also doing fine. D'ya realize how LUCKY we are? Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 17, 2018 11:59 AM MST
      November 17, 2018 11:59 AM MST

If you pick one of those?  You will wind up proving the truth of the old cliche' "sink or swim".

Ya gotta swim.  And you have to focus on the goal of where you want to swim. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 17, 2018 12:00 PM MST
      November 17, 2018 10:22 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Sharon. I learned I cannot sink. I'm very buoyant. An ex-husband went down like a lead anchor if he didn't flap his arms and move his feet furiously. Go figger! Thank you for your reply. I float. I'm slender so it's not fat that keeps me from sinking. Maybe it's one of the mysteries of life? Why do some sink and others float? I'm gonna ask! :)
      November 17, 2018 12:03 PM MST

• I am a definite floater, floating through life doing my best not to let anything or anyone pull me under!
      November 17, 2018 10:23 AM MST

I literally cannot sink. I don't have to move a muscle. I float effortlessly in water. Otherwise I fight to go against the current. I'm not a floater in any way on any day figuratively. Only literally in a pool in a bathing suit. Why that is I do not know. Thank you for your reply Cinders and Happy Saturday! :)
      November 17, 2018 12:06 PM MST