Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I wonder why the same folks always are the ones who reach out to others while some never do? 'Cuz they're shy or don't want to be bothered?

I wonder why the same folks always are the ones who reach out to others while some never do? 'Cuz they're shy or don't want to be bothered?

Posted - November 17, 2018

Responses

For some people, they learned at home from their parents that when you see someone in need or distress, you try to help them.  Others learn it later when some stranger may help them and they pay it forward.  Then, there are those who feel that everyone should be able to take care of themselves and think if they can't, it must be because they're lacking in some way.  

I certainly believe that we have a moral obligation to help those in need - not with a handout, but with a hand up.  There are those who will never be able to care for themselves through no fault of their own and I have no problem helping them.  That's why I pay taxes - so that my government can fund social services for those truly in need.  However, for those who can but won't help themselves, I have no sympathy.
      November 17, 2018 7:13 AM MST

((HUGS)) Ditto likewise verbatim L! There ya go. Cut from the same cloth it appears we be! Thank you for your reply! :)  Couldn't have said it better myself than you did! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 17, 2018 8:12 AM MST
      November 17, 2018 7:46 AM MST

Thanks. :)
      November 17, 2018 8:12 AM MST

:):):)
      November 18, 2018 5:19 AM MST