Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Would you ever turn for help in any situation to an ex with whom you had a very acrimonious breakup? Why or why not?

Would you ever turn for help in any situation to an ex with whom you had a very acrimonious breakup? Why or why not?

Posted - November 17, 2018

Responses

I can only think of one acrimonious breakup and I would not even want to think of him let alone turn to him for help.  Would not even know how to find him and would not want to.  Exes are what used to be , not what is.  But I have turned to exes for help and received it and sometimes I knew it was because they still liked me and still wanted a close relationship with me.  But they gave it freely and with no grumbling so yes I took advantage of that. One person in particular was supplying me with financial and other kinds of help ten years or so after we were together.  During the years I needed it. He was very sweet and I do owe him a lot but I could not stay with him and when we were together I was very young and really not my own person to any great extent at the time. 
      November 17, 2018 8:07 PM MST

No, because I'm married now, which makes all of my ex-girlfriends not only ancient history but also off limits. It would be disrespectful for a married man to contact ex-girlfriends, and in my case, it would be silly to contact any of them with whom the breakup was a bad one.

~
      November 17, 2018 10:25 PM MST

no
      November 18, 2018 2:11 PM MST

Do it regularly with two of them, we are in the same industry and same vertical.  It took us awhile to adjust to normal however.  At our level there is a lot of Politics and Rumor.  We check with each to verify what is real or what is not - we also check to see which way the careers winds are blowing.  With the Wall Street Hedge Funds and the corporate consolidations occurring it is a necessary evil 
      November 18, 2018 2:33 PM MST