Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Yup, another wondrous movie I adore. Have you had the exhilaration of experiencing this one?

Yup, another wondrous movie I adore. Have you had the exhilaration of experiencing this one?

Posted - November 19, 2018

Responses

• I have loved Julianne Moore since her early days on As The World Turns as "Frannie".    I have not seen this movie though.  
      November 19, 2018 9:21 PM MST

I adore Julianne Moore. She's perfection in everything I've seen her in. she and Veronica Cartwright are my favorite actresses.
    :)

I'll probably identify the movie any second.

I bet you'd like the movie -- a stunning cast adds to the stunning-to-me movie.
      November 19, 2018 9:40 PM MST

Image result for magnolia movie
      November 19, 2018 9:57 PM MST

Which one?  There is nothing here? 

I remember her in a lot of movies and she is just wonderful in them all. 

Gone Baby Gone was the hardest one to watch, and I will not ever watch it again.  So disturbing.  The ending was haunting and tragic.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gone_baby_gone/

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 19, 2018 9:40 PM MST
      November 19, 2018 9:24 PM MST

• I think the clip that he posted is the movie he is referring to.  I am not sure what movie that is, I just know I have not seen that one.  Are you able to see that clip?
      November 19, 2018 9:26 PM MST

I see no clip.  Is it me then? 
      November 19, 2018 9:26 PM MST

• Hm, that is weird. I am unfortunately a computer dummy, so I am not sure what the problem might be.
      November 19, 2018 9:28 PM MST

He must be using something besides YOUTUBE.  I have posted videos when people across the pond told me they could not see them.  

Thanks for the head's up.
      November 19, 2018 9:31 PM MST

• He may be...see, that is something I didn't even realize would make a difference.   
      November 19, 2018 9:34 PM MST

It's a movie gif. I'm sorry you can't see it. I think you'd really like this movie. Yeah, Julianne Moore. For me, along with Veronica Cartwright, she can do no wrong in my eyes. Perfection in everything I see.
    I'll probably name the movie any second now, ha!
      November 19, 2018 9:38 PM MST

Now at least I know Welb, what the problem is.  

I loved Vanilla Sky and Magnolia.  I loved Interview with a Vampire. I loved Risky Business.

I'm sure I missed a lot of his work and his work is terrific, but as his brain starts to be more and more detached from reality, he seems to make a lot of stuff he should have NOT done because I remember that just as much because it is so SHOCKING.

I have seen all his best work and to see him play that rock star?  I forgot the name of the movie.

He did it within the last decade.  He looked so embarrassing and played the role with gusto like he was the coolest, sexiest guy around and people were dying to be around him.

He looks like an overaged (which he seldom ever looks) out of touch performer aping 80's hair bands.

And he SUCKED so bad, I remember sending clips to everyone so they could see what I meant.

But mainly his work is surprisingly good.   He has talent.  But his drive is manic and it shows in this performance.

Hope you can see the vid LOL
      November 20, 2018 11:50 AM MST

Image result for magnolia movie
      November 19, 2018 9:57 PM MST

Please don't tell me anything about "Gone Baby Gone." I've never even heard of it, let alone seen it. Disturbing movies are often the best movies I've seen ("Dancer in the Dark" and the original [not American remake] 1997 "Funny Games"). And if Moore is in it -- sounds intriguing.
      November 19, 2018 10:03 PM MST

Please see it.  It is one of the best movies I have seen.  But, like Sophie's Choice, I cannot go there again in my mind.

I hope you do watch it.  You could handle it.  I saw Dancer in the Dark on your recommendation so I know that you would like this movie.  

Anyway, back to Tom Cruise and the Rock of Ages.

November 20, 2018 11:56 AM MST

Wanted Dead or Alive clip you shared here -- strange! I think I've heard of the "Rock of Ages" movie maybe. I assume this is a scene directly from the movie. Or maybe a music video.
    So, did Cruise play Jon Bon Jovi in this movie? I find Cruise an attractive guy but I see your point. It'd be hard for me to "buy" Cruise as Jon Bon Jovi. They're both too famous for one to be playing the other.

Is this Bon Jovi singing? Or is it Cruise? If it's Cruise, he sings well.

And I've not seen a lot of Cruise's movies but I find his performance in "magnolia," by far, the very best thing I've seen him do. Like you, I love that movie. oh, and I assume you now know the movie gif is Julianne Moore in the movie.

And, yes -- I am VERY interested in seeing this "Gone Baby Gone." I'll let you know what I think after seeing it.

Oh -- and in case you posted more than one video, I only saw one.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 21, 2018 11:16 AM MST
      November 20, 2018 12:11 PM MST

Oh man.  Where do I begin.   How can you look at this and not PUKE.

I am sure Jon Bonjovi (sp?) really did not think this is good.  This is not Bonjovi's life.

This is Tom  Cruise attempting to play his version of a great rock star.

He failed miserably.  (in my HUMBLE opinion)  I think most people agreed with me because the movie tanked.
      November 20, 2018 12:26 PM MST

So glad I skipped that movie. I agree Cruise has no business playing Bon Jovi and definitely was not Jon Bon Jovi singing.   He would have been alright as Axl Rose from how they made him look.  But as a former 80's hair band fan...that was cringe worthy.
      November 20, 2018 12:43 PM MST

You and SHARONNA and lavendar all make a lot of sense after I think more about that video SHARONNA posted, ha!
      November 21, 2018 11:21 AM MST

Ha! Yes, after pondering it all, you and my2cents and lavender make a lot of sense!
    Ha!
      November 21, 2018 11:19 AM MST

• I love a good train wreck, or in this case a Cruise wreck.    He is absolutely fantastically horrible.      The wig, the moves.  I never could stand him, but this...this is pure awesome horror.  
      November 20, 2018 1:03 PM MST

I think you and SHARONNA and my2cents are right, based on just this little video SHARONNA posted, ha!
      November 21, 2018 11:23 AM MST

I have not seen that one.  I do like Moore.  She was absolutely great in The Hours.  I also loved her in A Single Man.
      November 20, 2018 1:05 AM MST

I forgot about "The Hours." You're right --  she was great in that movie. I always think she's great, though.
    I don't think I've seen "A Single Man." I think a friend may have lent me the book to read, if I'm thinking of the same thing.
      November 20, 2018 8:28 AM MST

Watch A Single Man.  Colin Firth....he's always great!  It is about a depressed man due to a loss so watch when you feeling  happy.
    The trailer:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1315981/videoplayer/vi3409642521?ref_=tt_ov_vi

This post was edited by Thriftymaid at November 21, 2018 7:57 PM MST
      November 20, 2018 9:49 PM MST