Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » How much does the average woman charge to become a man's girlfriend?

How much does the average woman charge to become a man's girlfriend?

Posted - November 23, 2018

Responses

There's no such thing as average.

A feminist charges nothing; she pulls her own weight in all matters financial and material.

Some women have a prostitute mentality; the man pays for everything just for her company, irrespective of sex - and the longer they are together, the more she charges - except it's done in the form of marriage, house, car, upkeep etc.

Some women charge out of a sense of social justice - the less she earns at a regular job, the less she can afford to contribute to things like outings or holidays, so unless he comes down to the level she can afford, he must pay the gap.

Some women are devoutly religious, edging towards the fundamentalist end of the spectrum; they expect their man to keep them entirely on the grounds of the holy scriptures and do not consider it as a form of prostitution or slavery.

The safest way to know what a woman expects (or hopes for) is to ask her.
      November 23, 2018 9:30 PM MST

I would say the days when our femininity depended on a man's financial support are over.  But I think a lot of us do require the financial support of a partner to lead more than a subsistence existence because we are either incapable of holding better-paying jobs or we have not learned how to.  And though many of us are, feminist or not, financially and materially self-supporting we still do seek the security of a stable relationship or marriage in a stable community because I think we were created to.

Though I am a born-again Christian, and actually became one as part of a relationship, I would not expect to be just with someone who knows The Bible and the Fundamentals because that would be pretty difficult I think to find someone like that. So I am happy with someone who is at least sympathetic to my faith and supportive of it. My husband believes in God but is not a Christian.  Though he is willing to talk about it. This post was edited by officegirl at November 24, 2018 6:15 AM MST
      November 24, 2018 6:14 AM MST

• "Whatever the market will bear."
      November 23, 2018 11:46 PM MST

Don't know what is "average" to you but if I am average I want to be with someone who has a life and thinks enough of me to make room for me in it.  Someone who respects me, imperfect as I am, and enjoys spending lots of time with me.  
      November 24, 2018 5:58 AM MST

have no idea since i dont do that
      November 24, 2018 2:02 PM MST