Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » If I had to choose one movie scene, I would choose this scene as THE Most Perfect Movie Scene I've Seen.

If I had to choose one movie scene, I would choose this scene as THE Most Perfect Movie Scene I've Seen.

~ from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"

~ what Hitchcock allows us to see, what he does not allow us to see, WHEN he allows us to see -- and Tippi Hedren as 'Melanie Daniels' -- and through it all, the singing of the children -- all perfect for me

:)

EDIT: Oh, this scene from the movie starts with an excerpt from the movie's opening credits; this is not the first scene of the movie

Posted - November 27, 2018

Responses

I saw that movie.  It was very well done. But I was never scared for one second.

I love birds and they don't scare me.

Find another monster, Alfred.

LOL 

I know what he was doing.  I do.  The idea that something so seemingly harmless could turn on mankind and rip him apart can be the stuff of nightmares.  But birds will never do that one for me.  

Except maybe if they were huge like Big Bird.  Now if he would have filmed Big Bird goes Psycho, then I think Hitch would scare me.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 28, 2018 8:58 AM MST
      November 28, 2018 2:19 AM MST

Ha! Yes!

I often think of you when I think of "The Birds." I know you never found the movie scary. And you make good points -- if you're not afraid of them, you're not afraid of them.

Hey, and it's sort of funny, crows are my favorite kind of bird. I love to just sort of watch them. And here is this scene full of them and it scares me.

PLOT SPOILER!!! "PSYCHO"!!!

Maybe that's really Norman Bates in that Big Bird costume. Ha!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 28, 2018 8:55 PM MST
      November 28, 2018 9:02 AM MST