Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Pregnancy » Should scientists invent a way to transfer safely an unwanted embryo into a woman who desperately needs one?

Should scientists invent a way to transfer safely an unwanted embryo into a woman who desperately needs one?

There will be no abortions, and precious lives would be saved and given a chance. .

Posted - November 29, 2018

Responses

Maybe after the "anti abortion" people put their money where their mouth is ... and actually adopt ALL the hundreds of thousands of children currently "unwanted" (foster care, orphanages, etc).

November 29, 2018 8:02 AM MST

The majority of kids in foster care are not available for adoption. Of the approx 400,000 in foster care only 100,000 are adoptable.   Of those the average time in foster care is about 2yrs.  On average, 45,000 are adopted each year. I do not know those adoptive parents position on abortion. 
      November 29, 2018 10:07 AM MST

And the majority of the 300,000 "not adoptable" are there because the parents should NOT have children ... but the state can't take them away permanently.  OR they have mental issues, and the state "strongly discourages" their adoption.

Not to mention the problem of abusive foster families.

So again ... before the "anti abortion" crowd starts coming up with plans for no abortions, they need to solve the current problem of "unwanted" and abused children first.
      November 29, 2018 10:55 AM MST

They are not adoptable because their parent's rights have not been terminated. Not because of issues with the child etc. Some are there temporarily,  some are going through the court process to be adoptable. (Termination of parental rights)

Yes, parents who abuse their children had no business having children....but the answer is not abortion. 

As I said my response stands...unwanted children are being adopted every year but it is a long process. 
      November 29, 2018 11:09 AM MST

From first-hand experience, the government DOES "strongly discourage" people from adopting children diagnosed with mental issues.

November 29, 2018 2:17 PM MST

Does not change the facts that nearly half of all adoptable children in foster care are adopted annually....adoptable means no parental rights remain. 
      November 29, 2018 3:20 PM MST

And nearly half means there are still hundreds of thousands NOT adopted.
    Contrary to what anti-abortionists claim will happen.
      November 30, 2018 9:54 AM MST

Roughly 20,000 annually age out of the system. (I cannot find a stat saying how many of those 20,000 were available for an adoption) And over 50% of those were in the system for less than 3yrs.  The average wait for an adoption is 2 yrs....so an infant or new born who was not aborted will be adopted.... 

So abortion a way to keep foster care empty is not the answer. I have never seen anyone use the term anti-abortionists.  Most will claim there are no pro-abortionists. 
      November 30, 2018 11:02 AM MST

That would be a good solution.  Or even some sort of temporary womb. 
      November 29, 2018 10:09 AM MST

probably but not sure how they could do that
      November 29, 2018 10:55 AM MST

That can actually be done now. I read an article where a gay couple did that- one mom carried the baby briefly and then they moved it to the other mom. However, I believe the embryo was in some kind of medical device that made the transfer from one mom to the other easier. 

That being said, I find it doubtful most women considering abortion would go for it. There's something about the mindset; I think they typically either don't see it as a life or convince themselves that it's not in order to be able to go through it. The idea of transferring it would force the women to change their mindsets- recognize it's a life. Once that shift happens, I think they'd be less likely to give it up. 

That's not true for all women who are considering abortions and I know many use weeks or development to decide when an embryo becomes a life... there are obviously many different groups and many different reasons. However, I think the presence of an option like this wouldn't change much overall. 
      November 29, 2018 4:06 PM MST

That already being done....ever heard of a surrogate?  
      November 29, 2018 6:26 PM MST

• I don't think it's quite the same thing. 
      November 30, 2018 12:49 AM MST

Makes sense to me. 
    ~
      November 30, 2018 6:12 AM MST