Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If there is RELIGIOUS RIGHT doesn't there also hafta be a RELIGIOUS LEFT? Or it ain't necessarily so?

If there is RELIGIOUS RIGHT doesn't there also hafta be a RELIGIOUS LEFT? Or it ain't necessarily so?

Posted - December 3, 2018

Responses

Atheists can sometimes be more religious than Christians. 
    The rise of atheist churches in America 
    Religion without the God stuff
    Believing in a higher power other than a supernatural creator. 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/560936/

December 3, 2018 1:46 PM MST

I totally completely absolutely agree 100% with thee Kg. I know some atheists who are much nicer kinder more honorable human beings than some "devoutly religious" folks I know. Thank you for your reply and the link and Happy Tuesday! :)
      December 4, 2018 4:10 AM MST

Religion has been a major problem in the World for 2000 years and created a huge problem and still does Worldwide.

Fortunately the British People are turning there back on this aspect of Life, Churches are shutting down and no one one is interested anymore, in Scotland only 2% attend a Church, in England and Wales itis about 4%
      December 3, 2018 2:09 PM MST

Hi timothy! Thank you for joining in on the conversation. I am an Anglophile so I always enjoying hearing from Brits. Your stats are shocking to me though! Westminster Abbey! The Church of England! The history. Although one needn't necessarily attend church to be "religious". I gave up church decades ago and I do not remember the last time I attended one. However what I believe  has not changed. That is to say I am open to a higher power. I think the world as it is now being the result of random things is harder for me to accept than a world that was designed by whatever or whomever. So far. Of course I don't know whom I will be tomorrow or what I'll think makes more sense then. Happy Tuesday! :)
      December 4, 2018 4:15 AM MST

Left or right toward religion is a personal choice - a choice does exist - 'RESPECTFULLY' - To each his own...

These are a few verses that reflect my feelings to the right toward religion.

Deuteronomy 30:19
    I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live.

2 Peter 3:3
    Knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.

1 Timothy 4:1-3
    Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

2 Timothy 3:1
    But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty.

2 Timothy 4:3
    For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

James 5:1-3
    Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days.

Luke 21:28
    Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

John 14:2-3
    In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at December 4, 2018 1:45 PM MST
      December 3, 2018 4:03 PM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Beans/SG and Happy Tuesday to thee. I just thought of another question. I know. Big Surprise! :)
      December 4, 2018 4:16 AM MST

Hello, my 'long' time associate and (even though not on a list) friend. If I had a friend's list I'd ask to be included on yours. 

I'll be checking for that next question.  From MSNBC-Answerbag to presently A-Mug, with you, has been great.

Happy Tuesday backatcha - backatcha, now where did I learn that MSNBC QnA saying?..you know:):) This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at December 6, 2018 5:15 AM MST
      December 4, 2018 9:38 AM MST

Associates? Mebbe so m'dear but i consider you to be a long-time pal too. i guess we can be both, right? Thank you for your reply Beans/SG and Happy Thursday to thee! :) ((hugs))
      December 6, 2018 5:16 AM MST

((hugs))
      December 6, 2018 12:14 PM MST

Nice! Thank you for the hugs and Happy Friday to you Beans/SG! Hugs are always such a nice gift to receive! :) Fun to give too! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 7, 2018 8:55 AM MST
      December 7, 2018 3:17 AM MST

Some Xmas cheers from one of your favorite artists.
      December 7, 2018 8:59 AM MST

((hugs)) Ya know I can hear her voice inside my head just looking at her! Nice Christmas present my long-time pal for which I thank you bigly! Thank you ever so Beans/SG! Happy Saturday to thee! :)
      December 8, 2018 9:42 AM MST