Discussion » Questions » Communication » How do you block yourself off from the world and still know what is going on out there? You cannot do both simultaneously. You have to choose. Which do YOU choose and why?

How do you block yourself off from the world and still know what is going on out there? You cannot do both simultaneously. You have to choose. Which do YOU choose and why?

You could do it sequentially though. Alternate. Take turns. Block/unblock. Block/unblock. Block/unblock. Of course you would never know what you missed during your blockouts would you? You could read about so you'd know but then there would have been no point to the blockout. So that's out.

Posted - August 23, 2016

Responses

• Unblocked - keeping eyes and ears on as many broadcasts of news as possible.

Blocked - staying at home and not participating in making a difference, no letters to editors, no petitions.

Thus possible to be both simultaneously - though I'll admit it might depend on definition.

August 23, 2016 6:42 AM MDT

I stay unblocked most of the time hartfire which I'm sure you have observed. HOWEVER there are times when I just cahn't stend it any longer and run away. Jim and I enjoy TCM. Turner Class Movies. It is a commercial-free cable channel and I don't know if other countries can access it. We see  classic movies we've seen before and enjoyed or movies we haven't seen. In either case we are protected from the current world. It's inexpensive and dependable!  Then there is the golf channel and tennis channel Jim likes and I'm partial to the Science channel, history channel and PBS stations. No politics there! Thank you for your reply! :)

August 25, 2016 2:59 AM MDT