Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Can the stable genius bottomless Pinocchio pardon himself for his high crimes and misdemeanors? Not at the state level but FEDERALLY?

Can the stable genius bottomless Pinocchio pardon himself for his high crimes and misdemeanors? Not at the state level but FEDERALLY?

The Southern District of New York has him by the cajones. He has no jurisdiction over it. But federally can he "forgive" his treasons traitorhoodness high crimes and misdemeanors, conspiracies, colluding with foreign governments, money laundering, crimes against humanity?   I sure hope not but canny?

Posted - December 11, 2018

Responses

US Constitution, Article 2, Section 2, Clause 1
    The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

--
    IMO, it sounds like the President has the power to pardon himself "except in cases of impeachment".  (Nor could he pardon Congressmen or Justices, who were impeached).  Which is why Nixon couldn't pardon himself.
    Legal scholars I have heard, believe that it would be virtually impossible for a sitting President to be tried in court other than for impeachment.
    Which makes me wonder if the court would allow an extension of any statutes of limitation. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at December 11, 2018 8:54 AM MST
      December 11, 2018 8:52 AM MST