Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Language » If we think in the language we speak in, what language do dogs and cats think in?

If we think in the language we speak in, what language do dogs and cats think in?

Posted - December 11, 2018

Responses

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/3yhj4r/eli5_what_language_do_animals_think_in/
      December 11, 2018 9:37 AM MST

nnaybe our language since thats what they hear all the tinne
      December 11, 2018 3:22 PM MST

They have not discussed their thought processes with me.

Some human tribes have no word for "think". When you would say "I'll think about it," they say "I'll throat about it." 

Ver-r-ry interesting!
      December 11, 2018 5:06 PM MST

They don't process thought like we do. They read energy and they are great at it.

It is amazing what one can learn when one shuts off thought.  You become awakened to the presence of each moment.   Dogs and cats do it naturally.

If you are scared, they sense it.  If you are a threat, they sense that.  They have their own language that you need to learn.  Not the other way around. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 14, 2018 10:37 PM MST
      December 11, 2018 5:10 PM MST

I agree wholeheartedly, TFJ, How the heck exactly do you turn off thought...even when I just let my mind run free (cycling, running, etc.) It still chatters...meditation is the closest I think I have come except for when I used to drink to Blackout...maybe then!!! I have gone and day while trying to hunt though and def. feel what you are saying, it may very well be strictly living in the moment...dome somet we all could use more help with!!!
      December 11, 2018 5:19 PM MST

Dogs think in caveman / Tarzanese and cats think in condescendingly thick-Blueblood English accent!!
      December 11, 2018 5:22 PM MST

When answering on forums I mostly think in English, when for creative purposes I do no use language at all.
      December 12, 2018 11:30 AM MST