Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Does the visiting with relatives part of the Holiday season make you anxious or obnoxious?

Does the visiting with relatives part of the Holiday season make you anxious or obnoxious?

Are you dreading the holiday season due to visiting with family or do you abdoluabso (auto complete came up with this beaute...are all MOTO phones this DUMB!!) absolutely love the chance to get together and catch up?

Posted - December 11, 2018

Responses

Neither...I just visit my daughter and grandkids. Not anxious nor stressful.
      December 11, 2018 7:25 PM MST

• We stopped the ridiculous visiting family obligation thing about 10 years ago.    I can (and do) visit with them several times throughout the year. I don't feel obligated anymore to do it just because it's the holidays and and you're expected to.     I saw my mom this past weekend for Christmas, and I will see other family members in January for a late Christmas.  That way we can be free to enjoy the actual day in peace, quiet, and Chinese food.
      December 11, 2018 8:08 PM MST

All of the “undesirable“ relatives were winnowed out of our celebrations years ago. We’ll send them a card, as always. 
    So there is no dread, no anxiety, and no obligation to endure miserable jerks at Christmas.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 12, 2018 6:50 AM MST
      December 11, 2018 8:27 PM MST

The only one I visit with is my father, we always have a good time laughing and joking around. Other than that I'm kind of a recluse. Sometimes my brothers would visit and I'll just be like "oh hi" and go about my business while they just hang around.
      December 11, 2018 9:52 PM MST

I'm looking forward to my niece and nephews being here this year.  I've been hounded to make lasagna for about 15 so it'll be a busy day, but fun. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at December 12, 2018 7:37 PM MST
      December 11, 2018 10:28 PM MST

wish i could visit with fannily but they wont invite nne
      December 12, 2018 9:25 AM MST