Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » "You admire it" -- "I admire its purity" -- those memorable-to-me lines are from what movie? :) Another movie question, geez!

"You admire it" -- "I admire its purity" -- those memorable-to-me lines are from what movie? :) Another movie question, geez!

Posted - December 12, 2018

Responses

• I'm pretty sure (could be mistaken) it was one of the Alien flicks.
      December 12, 2018 12:46 PM MST

December 12, 2018 1:56 PM MST

Definitely.
    :)
      December 12, 2018 7:56 PM MST

A huge head-nod to my good bud!! Yes, you nailed it!

The first original "Alien" -- a big favorite movie of mine! And like tom jackson added -- the movie is from 1979.
    Here's the scene - - the lines are in here. 
    And 'Lambert' is a favorite character of mine in the movie (played by Veronica Cartwright.) She says "You admire it."
    I like 'Lambert' so much because she strikes me as the most "human" of the crew -- everyone else in the crew, to me, seems to be "Super Hero/ Mega-Brave/ Bring-It-On!" But 'Lambert' allows herself to be, yes -- damn afraid of that alien! I'd be shi* scared out of my pants. I can relate to her.

And Veronica Cartwright is my favorite actress in general.

And this scene - - with 'Ash' there all messed up, with just his head -- I remember this scene a lot.

Thanks for answering, Wakko!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 13, 2018 6:43 AM MST
      December 12, 2018 7:50 PM MST

no idea
      December 12, 2018 1:45 PM MST

Wakko got it.
      December 12, 2018 7:57 PM MST

This made me think about my favorite movie of all, Fire Light with Sophie Marceau (one of my favorite actresses).  Parents of an unruly girl were arguing and he said he wanted his daughter to be able to love, and the mother said and I want her to be loved.    What they wanted was the same, yet different.  It struck me the first time I watched the film.
      December 12, 2018 10:57 PM MST

Thanks, Thriftymaid.
    I've not seen that movie. It's interesting how different movies make us think of other ones.
    The quote I shared is from "Alien."

Be Well!
      December 14, 2018 6:12 AM MST