Active Now

Thebigd
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » So a 7-year-old child died of dehydration and starvation two days after the border patrol picked her up. D'ya think she deserved to die?

So a 7-year-old child died of dehydration and starvation two days after the border patrol picked her up. D'ya think she deserved to die?

Of course many of y'all blame her parents don't you? What would YOU do for your children if staying in your country meant certain death for them? Would you take them away to a place where you believe they would be safe? Isn't that the job of a parent? PROTECT THE CHILDREN? Far too many people don't give a rat's a** about kids who aren't theirs. What I wonder is WHY that is?

Posted - December 14, 2018

Responses

FAKE NEWS

You do not die of starvation/dehydration in two days. 
    The parents did not give that child the food and water she needed to live. The border patrol took the child to the hospital for treatment. She still died. She was not in custody for 2 days with no food or water.

She was in custudy for 8 HOURS when the Border Patrol sent her to the hospital.  

The parents should not be taking their children and trying to sneak in the country it is a dangerous and obviously sometimes a deadly journey. 

"The girl’s death raises questions about whether border agents knew she was ill and whether she was fed anything or given anything to drink during the eight-plus hours she was in custody."

https://apnews.com/b3c252eca7b64a7aa254aa47fcf12cb8 

December 14, 2018 9:37 AM MST

Of course it was the parents' fault. It was extremely irresponsible of them to endanger a child by taking such a risky journey. The people on Fox News, even your buddies Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham, were just as upset about the story as those on MSNBC, CNN, etc.
      December 14, 2018 10:10 AM MST

According to the Washington Post ... her and her father were taken into custody at 10PM, as part of a group of 163 people who turned themselves in.

It is practice of CBP to provide food/water for people in custody.
    I doubt there was food available at 10pm.  
    And with 163 people to process into custody, it's not unthinkable that they didn't notice anything unusual with the girl.

At 6:25AM, she began having seizures ... at which point medical help was called, and she was taken to a hospital.

So, who is more at fault?
    CBP - who had no idea of her medical history, or recent intake of food/water?
    Her father - who had been with her the whole time (presumably)?
    The other 161 people she and her father had been with?

Yeah.  I'll side with those who say her father was mainly responsible.
    It doesn't appear, from any of the stories, that he even bothered to inform the agents that his daughter needed medical attention.
      December 14, 2018 10:40 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Walt.
      December 14, 2018 11:09 AM MST

No child deserves to die and it's ever adults duty to see to their well being. I bet the child would be alive today if the moment she was detained she was given a glass of water and a couple of cookies. I figure the father tried to do his duty - they lived in a place were ever day he probably woke up thinking that this could be the day that they would be butchered or his 7 year old daughter would be raped. So he took a chance to better her life now she's dead and it will be extra horrible if her death is because of a lack of heart. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at December 15, 2018 5:50 AM MST
      December 14, 2018 12:23 PM MST

"if the moment she was detained she was given a glass of water and a couple of cookies."

Of course you have no way of knowing that, so you're engaging in rank speculation. What about the parents' responsibility to provide for the child and look out for her health and safety? They get a pass based on your speculation?
      December 14, 2018 12:33 PM MST

((hugs))  Thank you for that kind-hearted reply Nanoose. I am so disappointed that few to no one said anything about how sad it is that it happened. Mostly they just blame the father and let it go at that. People are monstrous and cold and uncaring because they will always defend the politics of the beloved and screw the outcomes, results, who gets hurt, who dies. At least I know you have a heart. Maybe most people have always been no dam* good when push comes to shove and there is blame to be placed. I don't know but what I do know is that they all disgust me. I hope they are not parents because their children are getting short-changed bigly. Happy Saturday!  :) I also apologize to you for anyone who attacks you for contributing this reply. You will be attacked by the trumpican base. I have no doubt. SIGH. :( This post was edited by RosieG at December 15, 2018 5:55 AM MST
      December 15, 2018 5:54 AM MST