Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » What is something good for you, that gives you diarhea? (sp) What is something good that causes constipation?

What is something good for you, that gives you diarhea? (sp) What is something good that causes constipation?

Posted - December 14, 2018

Responses

• Beets  - one of my most favorite vegetables. If I could, I would live on beets forever.

On the otherhand, 

Rice and potatoes. I love them, although they are not my "good" starches, and can bind one up if overeaten.
      December 14, 2018 1:06 PM MST

otherhand other hand. It's two words!
      December 14, 2018 4:14 PM MST

• I know that.   Refer to my prior posts on the subject of my typos.    I am not being graded here. You will be OK.
      December 14, 2018 4:28 PM MST

I didn't imply that I am not OK. And where do you see a grade? Don't assume things that aren't said.
      December 14, 2018 5:49 PM MST

• Relax.  You can't scroll around bothering people with your  corrections when they don't ask for your help and then get defensive and weird when someone dares speaks up, because when you do that, it shows me that you're not OK. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 15, 2018 7:12 AM MST
      December 14, 2018 6:02 PM MST

And where did I imply that I am not relaxed? You can't scroll around making blind assumptions about people you don't know. Are you OK?
      December 14, 2018 6:16 PM MST

• Thank you for continuing to prove my point...
      December 14, 2018 6:17 PM MST

OK. But if you were so bothered by the correction and you were aware of the error, why didn't you just correct it yourself and avoid the whole issue? It's just as easy to get it right as to get it wrong. And thanks for continuing to prove that you're not OK. Most people, if they respond to a correction at all, accept it in the constructive spirit intended, maybe say thanks, and move on. You're the only one I've seen get your panties all in a bunch over it.
      December 14, 2018 7:04 PM MST

• I don't have to explain to you or anyone why I choose to sometimes not make corrections.   And, it is neither your place nor your job to scroll around and correct people.  It does not matter if a few people accept your corrections with  pleasure ( and honestly, I have read more negative remarks than positive ones in regard to your correction rampages).  For those of us who have not asked for your help, stay out of it.  It's that simple.  If you choose to continue, then don't get defensive when confronted.  I didn't call on you, so kindly zip it. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 14, 2018 7:14 PM MST
      December 14, 2018 7:13 PM MST

Maybe  always pointing out peoples mistakes is in his jeans - I mean genes. Cheers and happy weekend!
      December 14, 2018 7:30 PM MST

• lol On the OTHERHAND, maybe he should learn to "skirt" the issue haha. 
      December 14, 2018 7:32 PM MST

Why don't you just stick to the question?
      December 14, 2018 7:15 PM MST

• Thanks, El.    It is just as much my fault for continuing to engage. I realized awhile back that it appears almost OCD for him to chase all of the errors on here, yet my day has been bad enough that I figured I would take it out on him rather than ignore his neurotic issue.   I am done, and I too will stick to the question.   I do apologize.  
      December 14, 2018 7:20 PM MST

I answered the question. But there was another question of this person's spelling, so I corrected it in a constructive spirit, but she got all bent out of shape over it. Her problem.
      December 14, 2018 7:29 PM MST

...question, but...
      December 15, 2018 7:15 AM MST

That would also be correct.
      December 15, 2018 7:37 AM MST

Stu you are so interesting it is just a thrill to read you.
      December 16, 2018 10:35 AM MST

Yes but its also true that some people just want to come on a site such as this to hang out and have fun without being concerned about how "correct" or "proper" they are in their spelling, syntax, etc.  While knowing a lot about correct English as you do can help us express ourselves better if we use it properly I think its also true that the most important thing is communication - whether we communicate what we want to say - rather than how correct we are in doing it from the point of view of textbook grammar.  And very possible to communicate well without knowing the rules of grammar.  I would say historically, without knowing as much about it I'm sure as you, that usage actually a lot of the time precedes and informs the codification of grammatical and usage customs.  Just in the lifetime of those of us who are older usage has changed in many ways.  In making posts I try to be very clear based upon what I learned clarity should be in writing - but I often find that still many younger people don't understand me at all because they are used to different usage and syntax patterns which have meaning for them but which I because of my age know nothing about. 
      December 14, 2018 7:34 PM MST

They are free to do that - I am not stopping them. But those of us who are bothered by incorrect grammar, spelling et al are also free to correct it. The silly thing is that the vast majority of the errors are very basic and easily avoidable with minimal effort. Why are people like this too lazy to make such effort? I have no idea. I don't go looking for these errors, but I will continue to correct any that I run across.
      December 14, 2018 7:55 PM MST

OK but might be good to take life a little easier. Most people are imperfect and many are lazy as well.  Nor do they care whether or not they "correct" themselves. 
      December 14, 2018 8:05 PM MST

Actually, I take life plenty easy. I'm on here in my spare time, and correcting these errors is neither work nor is it difficult, and I am doing no harm. I'm not about to change who I am or what I do because some folks are hypersensitive to simple, small-scale criticism.
      December 14, 2018 8:13 PM MST

This guy is a pest.  He won't stop.  So best ignore.
      December 15, 2018 2:07 AM MST

No actually he is a friend.  I guess we all have our own quirks we won't budge from and that we like to think are important. 
      December 15, 2018 5:48 AM MST

• It is called Dyslexia.  Do some research if you are too "lazy"  to refer to my older posts as suggested earlier.
      December 14, 2018 8:36 PM MST