Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you ever had a colonic?

Have you ever had a colonic?

Posted - December 20, 2018

Responses

• I have not.  I will never.  The very thought scares me.     Dr Dean Edell used to say that our bodies already eliminate bacteria and waste, and colonics are unnecessary. I will stick with the old school way.
    Not judging those who choose to do that.
      December 20, 2018 1:31 AM MST

Well, Dr. Dean needs to learn how the body works.  

I'm too tired to get into this now.  But I will come back tomorrow.  We are all carrying about 20-40 pounds of rotted fecal matter in our transverse and ascending colon.  It does not come out naturally and it is the reason for all the diseases in the body.  I consider that a wake up call to get it done at least twice a year.

I never listen to doctors. They know zero about nutrition.  They only know how to dispense drugs that, incidentally, are harbored in the intestines and the colon.  Toxic waste.   

We cannot remove this built up tar and noxious poisons in any other manner.  

Colonics are not new.    They are improved now, but not new at all.  We have had this type of cure since ancient times.  And it is imperative for good health these days, especially with the kind of toxins in the air, food and soil.

I guess I am done after all.   Almost....

A healthy colon contributes to a large portion of our general wellbeing and colonic hydrotherapy has been used as a way to cleanse the colon for quite some time. A cleanse is ideal to improve the body’s natural detoxification process, as well as improve the general quality of life but nevertheless, some people still misunderstand the importance of colonic hydrotherapy and the general purpose of the treatment. Luckily, we’re here to explain the benefits of the therapy and how it could serve to improve you and your health!

They Improve Bowel Regularity

One of the biggest uses for colonic hydrotherapy is in order to improve the regularity of the bowels. Everyone will experience constipation in their lifetimes, and all will know how discomforting and inconvenient this is. With the use of colonic hydrotherapy though, the bowels are exercised and strengthened in order to promote more regular and complete bowel movements, eliminating the chances of developing constipation. Furthermore, this increased bowel regularity can have many health benefits for the long-term, as cleaner, stronger bowels will dramatically reduce the chances of developing bowel cancer in the future.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 20, 2018 7:22 AM MST
      December 20, 2018 1:54 AM MST

• I don't want to debate it.  I should have just answered your question with a Yes or No.   For those who believe it works for them, that is great. 
      December 20, 2018 1:56 AM MST

Sorry.  I did not intend to get on a soap box about this.  

I can see why you think the way you do.  When I wanted to just look it up there are dozens of sites shouting how colonics are bad and dangerous.  That is such bunk.  But you are offended and that was not my intent.  

If you would have answered yes or no, I probably would have still given my opinion.

It is not that I don't respect yours, it is just that this information people are getting is dangerous to health.  You can live fine without colonics.  Of course. But no one is going to tell me that you will  not improve by getting them.  
      December 20, 2018 2:03 AM MST

• Oh no, I was not offended.   I think it was about 1 am when I typed that, and I have been having a stressful week, and I think the insomnia has not helped in my communication skills.   
    I don't know if colonics are bad or dangerous.  I have not read any data lately that  indicates they are or aren't.   Before Dr Edell retired from his radio show, he indicated that there was no medical data to support claims that it is beneficial.  Now, I must say that he retired several years ago - maybe 10 years or so.  Perhaps since then there have been medical studies that prove otherwise, I really don't know. I just have no interest in trying that.     Dr Edell also did not believe in vitamins and supplements (his parents manufactured them, funny enough),  calling them one of the biggest consumer scams.   He didn't have an agenda, he wasn't selling anything, he just had his KCBS radio show and a spot on the evening news.    
      December 20, 2018 8:13 AM MST

I was in the same place as you.  I was in overdrive.  I wanted to impart information to ears that did not want to hear about this.  That is NO way to get anyone to consider anything.  I am so sorry.  First of all, colonics are NOT for everyone.  There are certain individuals who do not need them.  Mostly those who have some kind of intestinal issue that maybe a colonic would exacerbate.

BUT... I have had them, I have seen the difference that they make.  So, I want everyone to feel good.  I sometimes am my own worst enemy.

If I sound pushy?  Tell me.  I will back off immediately, especially in matters of health.  I am not a medical genius.  I just know what is hidden from the public.  I have spent a long time researching health.  But that does not make me any expert.

Thanks for being nice.
      December 20, 2018 9:46 AM MST

• Oh goodness, please don't worry about sharing your opinions.  That is one reason we are all here.   We don't all agree sometimes, but that is OK.   You are not pushy, so please don't worry about that.   
      December 20, 2018 9:52 AM MST

No never have.  Not anything I am drawn to.  
      December 20, 2018 5:23 AM MST

No one is drawn to something they have no idea about.  

I think maybe reading up on them might help.

But, I have googled colonics.  The internet is rife with nay-sayers.  I'm sure that is what you would be drawn to.
      December 20, 2018 9:48 AM MST

The closest I came was the gallon container of a liquid I had to drink prior to a colonoscopy. It completely cleaned me out and I felt terrific, albeit very thirsty.
      December 20, 2018 7:25 AM MST

No exactly the opposite.  It may have cleaned you out SOME.  But it is in no way a substitute for a serious series of colonics from an expert.  There is tar build up covering the walls of the intestines.  It takes several colonics to break through that barrier.  This is where we absorb nutrients.  If nutrients cannot be absorbed, you are starving yourself and are always hungry for more food which will clog you up more. 

So, one dose of something awful is not going to do much good except for an instant cure that only lasts maybe a few days. 

Ann Wigmore cured herself of colon cancer, stage 4, by making sure her body was clean and free of toxins.  No doctors.  Nothing.  The doctors gave her months to live.  She lived for decades.  

She insists Wheat Grass Juice and wheat grass enemas saved her.  I am listening.  Since I have given doctors a very big chance and they killed my Grandmother, my dad and my cousin's husband.    All  went to the best Cancer institutes in the country and they did not die easy.   My cousin's dad had lymphoma and he lived for decades.  But the doctors had no idea why he did live.  So, that is the state of Western Medicine to me.  Burn people with radiation, chemo and make them sick  and if they make it?  GOOD JOB.  But most do not, and those that do, are compromised and always waiting for the axe to fall.  That is no way to exist.  But that is what is accepted these days.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 20, 2018 10:18 AM MST
      December 20, 2018 9:50 AM MST

no but i had a colonoscopy back in aug
      December 20, 2018 9:41 AM MST

All the more reason to consider them.  
      December 20, 2018 9:43 AM MST

• Nope, never have. I had a suppository once...
      December 20, 2018 10:27 AM MST

Not even close.  LOL

A suppository is for constipation.  A colonic is to avoid all kinds of elimination issues and restore the colon to a vital health.

December 20, 2018 10:41 AM MST

• Well, I wouldn't be opposed to getting one some day.
      December 20, 2018 11:50 AM MST

That is a start.  
      December 20, 2018 12:29 PM MST

After reading the latest WebMD article on it ... I won't be doing it anytime soon.
    1 - Not enough scientific research on it.
    2 - Increased risk for people with diverticulitis.  Considering that about 1/3 of Americans have diverticulitis, due to not enough fiber in their diet, that's a big red flag.  (and yes, I've had colon removed due to diverticulitis)
      December 20, 2018 11:58 AM MST

That is equivalent to saying that After reading Wikipedia, Sai Baba is not God.

Good day, sir.  Keep your very dirty colon and I will continue progressive state of the art research any day rather than some WEB MD b.s.  

Come on now.  Really?  

I suppose Web MD tells you to not eat meat is a farce too?

What other b.s. do you ascribe to?

Does WEB MD also explain why it is healthy to have a smelly, rotten colon?  I'm sure that is the height of health.  That is why so many people are on laxatives.  I am sure WEB MD is just fine with that safe idea that challenges no one.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 20, 2018 12:32 PM MST
      December 20, 2018 12:28 PM MST

"Scientific research on colon cleansing is extremely limited.  There is no good evidence for most of the claims that its practitioners make. And the side effects can range from mild to severe."
    Reviewed by Melinda Ratini, DO, MS on October 25, 2017

https://www.webmd.com/melinda-ratini

If you're saying she isn't medically qualified, what are YOUR qualifications?

Show me the peer-reviewed scientific studies on colon cleansing. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at December 20, 2018 1:17 PM MST
      December 20, 2018 1:16 PM MST

No. Walter.  It is NOT limited.  It is limited for those who do not understand where to look.  There is reams of evidence.  Colonics are not some NEW AGE FAD.

They have been used since ancient times.  

What are the benefits of colonic hydrotherapy

A colon hydrotherapy has immediate benefits, but will also help the body to restore and repair itself over the long run. For instance, it will increase the body's ability to absorb nutrients from the food you eat, such as vitamins and minerals. These nutrients are used to repair body cells, systems and organs.
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 20, 2018 1:19 PM MST
      December 20, 2018 1:18 PM MST

Again ... where are the peer-reviewed studies?

Just because something has been around for ages, doesn't mean it actually does anything.

Millions of people swear by dietary supplements.  But actual research shows the vast majority of supplements don't even contain the ingredients they claim to and have no noticeable benefit beyond placebos.
      December 20, 2018 1:22 PM MST

Just because I have studied this for years, I have read many books about the colon and its health,  and have actually HAD them done, so this  means that I know a lot more than you do regarding this subject.  OKAY?  I said it.  You know nothing except a few paragraphs from a WEB site, and you think you are going to debate this issue?  Try bringing something worth-while to the table. I do not care if you ever get one.  OKAY?  DONE already.  You just want to keep an argument up that you have no interest in even exploring.  Please end this?   I said keep your dirty, heavy with fecal matter, colon and trust me, no one is forcing you to ever have a colonic.

I don't care what you think because you are not even making any sense.  SCIENCE?   I have more science in my little finger than WEB MD has in it's whole repertoire.  

It is COMMON SENSE.  How often do you go to the bathroom?  What do you eat each day?  Do you go twice a day?  Then you are very stopped up.  It is one huge pain going back and forth on this site.  I cannot stand this nonsense.  What does dietary supplements have to do with ANYTHING?

I don't even believe in that crap.  Stay on course.  I'm done.  I am not going to keep searching through this question to answer you.  It is tedious and you are offering nothing but negativity about a subject you have no interest in studying.  I am not spoon-feeding you.  Goodbye, dude.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 20, 2018 1:34 PM MST
      December 20, 2018 1:25 PM MST

So you can't provide any actual scientific evidence.

It's fine that it works for you.
    That's called "anecdotal evidence".

I am sorry you obviously feel threatened by the request for scientific evidence.
      December 20, 2018 1:40 PM MST