Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When you go out to a restaurant HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO ORDER? Do you hem and haw and keep changing your mind? WHY?

When you go out to a restaurant HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO ORDER? Do you hem and haw and keep changing your mind? WHY?

Do you make everyone wait for you to decide? Don't you KNOW what you're hungry for and order that? Just a wonderin'.

Posted - December 21, 2018

Responses

Nope. No hem-hawing or changing my mind. I know what I want to order before I even go to a restaurant. :)
      December 21, 2018 8:58 AM MST

Me too mostly. Once in awhile something else catches my eye and I order that. But I do not AGONIZE over the decision. Thank you for your repy ru and Happy Friday to you! :)
      December 21, 2018 11:13 AM MST

I know what you mean by something catching the eye. For me, it's usually some sort of dessert or sweets. To that, I usually say no real quickly before I give in. :)
      December 21, 2018 2:44 PM MST

That's a very good thing to resist m'dear. Sugar is not anyone's friend despite the protestations of the sugar lobby and some doctors who have been bought and paid for to sell the stuff. I usually order things in restaurants I don't cook myself. Thank you for your reply ru! :)
      December 22, 2018 3:21 AM MST

I have been a waitress. People like that are so annoying.  It is impolite to the server as well as the others who are waiting to order.  I understand that there are big menus.  But at least let the server assist you and get to the point already.  It is only a meal, it is not like choosing a new car or mate.  Most establishments will bend to your desire for more time.  Just don't leave the server standing there when there are tons of other tables to address.

December 21, 2018 9:02 AM MST

I agree people like that can be annoying. The waitresses and waiters have my respect because they have to endure a lot of grief and abuse from a lot of rude people. My hat is off to you for taking on and enduring that job. In my opinion, wait staff is the forgotten and neglected part of our workforce.  :)
      December 21, 2018 9:23 AM MST

I am not a waitress now.  That was several years ago.  I didn't last long in that profession.  My boyfriend at the time was a waiter.  A most excellent one at that.  He managed to turn every obstacle into a challenge and loved every minute of it.  People he waited on would send him Christmas cards.  He made it look so easy.

He loved people.  

I thought it would be easy.  For me?  IT was not.

I learned respect for wait people after I had to actually do the job they did.

Thank you for your response.  

I learned how to respect customers that is for sure.  They are the clients, they pay my salary.  
    I carry the same respect into my workplace today.  My clients are the top priority.

When they are rude?  I try and find out why before I dismiss them out of hand.    But when you are swimming in customers and everyone is ready to blame you for any upsets, it becomes too much of a challenge for my small brain.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 22, 2018 3:23 AM MST
      December 21, 2018 9:33 AM MST

Build's muscles for sure. As a tennager my son worked at Farrell's in Northridge, California. He was a bus boy, a waiter and later a cook. He LOVED being a bus boy because he did not have to engage with the customers and because he cleared tables so fast the other waiters and waitresses shared tips with him. Being a waiter and a cook meant he had to engage with folks..more as a waiter than as a cook of course. It was good experience for him though. I guess every experience is a "good" experience if you can learn from it. Thank you for your reply Sharon.
      December 22, 2018 3:26 AM MST

That looks yummy.
      December 21, 2018 9:58 AM MST

Please start eating this?  I want you to be happy and healthy.
      December 21, 2018 9:59 AM MST

I mean the top picture, not the bowls
      December 21, 2018 10:00 AM MST

What is it?
      December 21, 2018 10:28 AM MST

I totally agree. Usually I know what group of foods I'm hungry for...poultry or fish or some other dish. Rarely do I switch but when I do I switch real quick. Thank you for your reply  Sharon.  That looks like a very nifty layered VEGGIE sammich! :)
      December 21, 2018 11:15 AM MST