Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Finance » If you're a first time investor, has that investment worked out?

If you're a first time investor, has that investment worked out?

Posted - December 31, 2018

Responses

Oh yeah. It works out real well. I love putting my money into a system based on the "confidence" that a bunch of frat boys in ties have at any given moment.
      December 31, 2018 8:44 AM MST

For three years, yes. The last six months have kicked my ass.
      December 31, 2018 10:44 AM MST

Want to pass on any wisdom about investing?
      December 31, 2018 10:58 AM MST

Find a good broker.
      December 31, 2018 1:48 PM MST

Get a simple job and a cheap pad within walking distance. That is so you don't have to waste your money on transportation. Save half of everything you earn. Yes, half. To start, keep your savings in gold or silver coins which you do not store in anybody else's vault. (IOW hide them at home.) Spend your evenings studying investment books at the public library. When you are smart enough then you can make other investments. If you earn ten bux an hour and save half, in only ten years you will have A HUNDRED THOUSAND BUX not counting interest or capital gains or paper profits: only principle. There is no other plan that will give you a net worth above zero in only ten years. And there is no school that will teach you any such thing.

Does this plan work? Andrew Carnegie worked five years, saved his wages, and then put it all into a tech stock: telegraph. You might have heard the name. His hobby was building concert halls and libraries.
      December 31, 2018 2:59 PM MST

No, I have made some and lost some.
      December 31, 2018 3:01 PM MST