Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Travel » is New York a nice state to live ?

is New York a nice state to live ?

have you ever been there ? me not

Posted - January 3, 2019

Responses

I’m partial to upstate NY over the human ant colony NYC - too congested and overly expensive. The NY taxes suck. 

We own a lakeview villa up in the Finger Lakes region. Cool summers, gorgeous in fall, and white Christmases (though I generally hate snow). The NY State Fair in Syracuse, is epic. This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 3, 2019 4:37 PM MST
      January 3, 2019 4:35 PM MST

I have only driven through it a few times, and that was upstate. As DB said, taxes are atrocious. This post was edited by Element 99 at January 3, 2019 5:54 PM MST
      January 3, 2019 5:47 PM MST

IDK, I've never been there. 
      January 3, 2019 5:48 PM MST

I've lived in NYC all my live.  It's like a beehive - very busy with constant movement.  If you come from a less congested place now, you would probably find it overwhelming.  Having said that, it has just about every possible entertainment you could want - Broadway theatre, concert halls (Lincoln Center which has the Metropolitan Opera, ballet, theatre productions, modern dance and I'm sure more).  We have the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Modern Art, smaller art museums, the Museum of Natural History, the World Trade Center, the Statue of Liberty, jazz lclubs, comedy clubs and I'm sure I'm leaving things out.  We have just about every culture in the world represented both in the population and in eateries featuring those cuisines.  You name it, we pretty much have it, but it's expensive to live in Manhattan and the outer boroughs are becoming expensive, too.  

People are always in a rush and many times are rude, but if you find yourself in trouble almost every New Yorker will help you out.  
      January 3, 2019 7:44 PM MST

Is  this a trick question?  Anyone who can read should avoid that state like the plague.  
      January 3, 2019 10:26 PM MST

I am told the New York is the least racially prejudiced state in the union. I don't think they meant NYC. I would not go to NYC without being carried. 
      January 4, 2019 9:20 AM MST

NYC is the only city without a name. Everybody there just calls it "The City".
      January 4, 2019 9:22 AM MST

if u like alot of people.
    then yeah u can live at New York and work there like u can do ticket taking with alot of people at New York.

January 5, 2019 12:45 PM MST