Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you enjoy engaging in conversation or do you avoid it if you can? Why?

Do you enjoy engaging in conversation or do you avoid it if you can? Why?

Posted - January 4, 2019

Responses

I start conversations. I'm a natural extrovert.
      January 4, 2019 3:00 AM MST

As you know cuz I'm SURE I've mentioned it before I was a painfully shy young girl. I keep thinking of myself that way though I expect no one else does! I mean here I am every day yakking my head off. When did I change? Why? Is it temporary or permanent. Heck how should I know? Anyway were you always an extrovert R? Outgoing friendly gregarious? My younger sister always was EXTREMELY POPULAR with tons of friends. Me? A loner. All during my early school years I had ONE friend who dumped me in tenth grade. She started running with the "fast" kids. You know the ones who smoked cigarettes behind the gym? So there I was on my own alone. Sad right? Not so bad actually. Believe it or not I was voted MOST SOPHISTICATED in my graduating class senior year. I was 16 and certain NOT sophisticated in any sense of the word! What a crock and shock that was! Me sophisticated? Sheesh. I guess because I was shy they mistook that for being aloof and mature and confident. I never could figure it out! So here I be all of me as I yam today. Are you now as you always were or did you change? Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 4, 2019 4:56 AM MST
      January 4, 2019 4:55 AM MST

A few friends who accepted me with all my faults. A huge circle of acquaintances. I'm chatty but I'm also argumentative. ENTP, "The Debater". I also refuse to sit in a box, so although I'm easy to get close to, I'm hard to stay close to. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at January 4, 2019 5:19 AM MST
      January 4, 2019 5:16 AM MST

Well as my sweet grandmother used to say in her broken English..."keep her up"! Meaning keep doing what you're doing I guess. She was quite adorable. Thank you for your reply R! :)
      January 4, 2019 5:18 AM MST

Very much enjoy as long as they are interested in what I have to say.  Otherwise I am more just efficient and cordial  which is most of the time.  Perhaps only with my husband and a few friends do I let myself go and then I realize I talk too much. 
      January 4, 2019 7:26 AM MST