Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » can you ever be too young to start using anti-aging products

can you ever be too young to start using anti-aging products

Posted - January 7, 2019

Responses

Nope. You should have already started using a daily moisturizer. And, sunscreen daily. Age starts the day you're born. Once you're old enough to know better, do better.
      January 7, 2019 8:10 PM MST

Why bother? I look better than I did yesterday...no anti-aging stuff for me. And I bet the same for you.
      January 7, 2019 8:17 PM MST

Why ever bother?  You'll go grey before your time worrying about aging. 
      January 7, 2019 10:11 PM MST

• No its never too soon to use anti aging creams and treatments. My Mother had gorgeous peaches and cream skin, never went out in the sun for very long, and used great creams and serums. She shared them with me at a very young age.  I always get compliments from my school friend's kids " You never age or change" :)
      January 8, 2019 9:14 PM MST

well, uh, I KINDA disagree....I'm a retired makeup artist and love anything to do with skincare.

first and foremost, there's GENETICS

WANNA KNOW how you'll look when you get older? look at mom, dad, and both sets of grandparents; or their photos (!!)

then there's your eating habits......good or bad? all up to you!!!

THEN we deal with skincare........I do not believe in anti-aging products much before early 20's.....and THEN DEPENDS ON HOW YOU WILL AGE,,,,,again, those photos!!!.....

AND DON'T SPEND a ton of money on stuff......don't get LOW PRICED STUFF, BUT NOT way way high-priced

and read THE LABELS.........the first 3 - 4 things listed are what the product has the most of.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO EVER SEE ......MINERAL OIL........PETROLATUM (GENERIC TERM FOR VASELINE!!) on a label, esp. first 3 - 4 things!!  if they are further down, maybe, but to me, NEVER..

look for glycerin in the first few items.............there you have a great product!! glycerin attracts moisture to the skin..

and NO EXTREMES OF WATER TEMPERATURE ON YOUR FACE OR BODY, FOR THAT MATTER.

so not HOT HOT WATER WHEN washing your face, and NO COLD COLD RINSING.......

JUST USE comfortable warm water to wash and comfortably cool water to rinse.........all you need!

again,diet's very important, but no one wants to hear about it........

but we all know better, right?

so be careful.............

OH and exfoliate at least once a week.............baking soda in the palm of your hand, add some water to make a paste, and GENTLY massage into your face.........rinse rinse rinse with COOL NOT COLD water, pat dry, and then moisturizer.

sorry for the SHOUTING BUT  I feel very strongly about this & hate to see people.....men and women!! spending tons of money when they don't really have to.

moderation in all things, including skincare products...

one more thought......DON'T USE BAR SOAP ON YOUR FACE......

get a liquid cleanser; creamy or liquid..........CetaPhil and CeraVe are 2 good ones to consider.

NOW ILL SHUT UP!!

lol

:-D

:)

January 9, 2019 9:18 AM MST

Better not to start at all. Those products are all advertising hype and BS.

They don't work, not even slightly. If they did, they would be classified as drugs, be available only by prescription under strict medical supervision, and they'd have a host of unwanted side effects.

All those moisturisers and similar potions are just snake oil ways to make the seller much richer. 

Moisturiser can give some comfort and relief in advanced old age when the skin becomes dry or flaky.

The only way to stay relatively young is to exercise lots, get good sleep, keep social, active and learning, get a little sun every day but never burn, avoid cigarettes, drugs and alcohol, maintain good oral hygiene, eat the right kinds of foods and never overeat.

The older one gets the more a person pays the price for bad habits and the more work it takes to stay fit and healthy.
      January 9, 2019 4:41 PM MST

you are just sooooooo  wrong.......my mom had a best friend her age; she never used moisturizers, etc....just washed with soap n water.....(ugh!)
    when you saw them together, you'd swear my mom was at least 5 or 10 years younger.

you cannot ignore basic skincare!!!  you will pay for it when you get older...........you are correct about diet, etc., but skincare products can help a great deal when it comes to looking your best.............

as far as being classifed as drugs, yes,some claims are a little ridiculous, but for the most part simple, basic, skin cleansers and moisturizers do the skin a lot of good.....!!!!!!!!!!
      June 10, 2019 9:04 AM MDT