Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You are a human energizer bunny. You keep going and going and going. When your battery needs recharging d'ya have a good one?

You are a human energizer bunny. You keep going and going and going. When your battery needs recharging d'ya have a good one?

Posted - January 8, 2019

Responses

Everyone need their batteries recharged.  The human body and mind weren't designed to be "on" all the time (keep going, and going, and going, and...).  Workers are given  vacations and "weekends", couples need alone time, kids get regular time off from school ("summer" vacation, and other breaks).  Even God rested on the seventh day.  If one keeps going, and going, and going, and...  they WILL burn out.... just like a lightbulb that's left on 24/7. 
    What happens when you forget to recharge your phone or laptop?  The battery eventually goes dead.  The same is true with people.  If they're continuously left "on", they too will go "dead".  Everyone MUST stop and recharge once in awhile.  When a person doesn't stop and recharge they'll eventually break down - physically and/or mentally.  Sometimes these breakdowns can heal (over time), sometimes they can't (their affects become permanent).

For me, I recharge my mental batteries by going off into nature (even if it's only gardening); my physical batteries by getting enough sleep and not working 7 days a week (resting from housework); and my spiritual batteries by reading the bible and going to church.  
      January 8, 2019 11:18 AM MST

This is really cool.  

Thanks for it.
      January 8, 2019 4:51 PM MST

:):):)
      January 9, 2019 3:24 AM MST

All excellent m'dear. I need solitude and sometimes I just "unplug" and escape to TCM (Turner Classic Movies) and lose myself in a favorite movie.  Ever see "Yankee Doodle Dandy" with James Cagney?  I LOVE that movie. "My father thanks you, my mother thanks you, my sister thanks you and I thank you". OR I turn it on the TVLAND channel and watch old TV shows like The Andy Griffith Show or Golden Girls or MASH. Other times I just go into my kitchen and start cooking. It's a favorite "happy place". OR I play a Scrabble-like game called BESPELLED to which I am indeed ADDICTED on the computer off line. You get points for words and flame out eventually. So far my high score is over 1.6 MILLION! I'm going for 2 and I'll get there some day. When world is too much with me I just withdraw to elsewhere. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Wednesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 9, 2019 10:09 AM MST
      January 9, 2019 3:19 AM MST

No, I haven't watched that movie (at least not lately).    I too watch the old shows - MASH (although it kind of went downhill after season 7), Barney Miller,  Emergency!, as well as some old westerns.  I also like to watch 'Whose Line is it Anyway' (I love humor), and 'The Big Bang Theory'.  

I love word games! (Scrabble, Bespelled, Text Twist, etc.).  I used to play them a lot (and I mean a LOT!).  Unfortunately(?) I can't play them much anymore due to my carpal tunnel syndrome (possibly a good thing as I used to spend way too much time playing them).  These days  I stick to just doing the crossword puzzles in the newspaper (I can't do a saturday new york times puzzle...yet). This post was edited by Shuhak at January 9, 2019 10:29 AM MST
      January 9, 2019 10:28 AM MST

I do.  Well, I did.  

I have been in bad health these last few months.  Usually I have boundless energy.

Now I have an ulcer I think and gallbladder issues.  Nauseated all the time.
      January 8, 2019 3:00 PM MST

Geez Sharon I'm so sorry you've been "under the weather".  I was having a horrible time with my stomach. Couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. I'd have nights when I sat up in a chair with the wastebasket by me and a towel so I could throw up without making a mess. TERRIBLE pains. It happened about 6 times and the last time I noticed the upchuck was mostly undigested nuts. PEANUTS! So I stopped eating them and I stopped having stomach problems. I hope maybe somehow your problems can be fixed as simply as that. Do ulcers require operations or do meds mitigate the discomfort? As for the gallbladder I think you can get gallstones just as you can get kidney stones and those are supposedly EXTREMELY painful. I think diet has something to do with it. Anyway condolences and I hope you can be fixed! Thank you for your reply.
      January 9, 2019 3:28 AM MST

It's real bad, Rosie.  They found a mass on my gallbladder.  I am scared to death.

I wish it were just peanuts with me.   I am so sorry you had that nausea going on.  There is NOTHING worse to me (except a migraine) than nausea.  It just makes you crippled and unable to do anything.  So painful.

I had to go home from work yesterday because I was in so much pain I could not work.  I went to Urgent Care and they said I may also have an ulcer.  WONDERFUL.

I will keep you in my prayers.  

Love to you,

Sharon
      January 9, 2019 10:07 AM MST

That's hard Rosie when you're nearing you cell by date.....then dis'charge is unavoidable    :)
      January 8, 2019 5:25 PM MST

True. Thank you for your reply D and Happy Wednesday to you.
      January 9, 2019 3:29 AM MST

:)
      January 9, 2019 3:38 AM MST