Active Now

Thebigd
Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Practice makes perfect. The more you do something the better you get at it. Maybe homo sapiens was GOD's first attempt?

Practice makes perfect. The more you do something the better you get at it. Maybe homo sapiens was GOD's first attempt?

Surely GOD could have done so much better in creating us. Surely HE could have made us so much wiser and kinder and more loving. Surely HE could have performed at a much higher level creating a far superior product without all the flaws and defects. Maybe HE did. Elsewhere in other galaxies in far-off places maybe there are others created in HIS image who are representative of HIS grand powers. The Lamboghini line. We're just the scooter. We cannot know but why would HE stop at one run of one design of one species of "thinking" beings? Makes no sense to me. Doth it make sense to thee? Why?

Posted - January 10, 2019

Responses

All life has taken billions of years to get humans the top preaditor on this planet Rosie....it's was not only for the devolopemrnt of our brains to progress ,but also for our thumbs and hands to develope and to master walking on two legs......

Not many are born evil .....but if you are brought up in an evil warlike controling society ,mostly dominated by religion and greed for money ,power,food water and minerals...... then it's just another facet of evolution....
    The strong survive and the weak get s*** on  
    Its always been that way and most likely ,always will.....:( 
      January 10, 2019 3:23 AM MST

This one planet is a tiny little spec of dust or grain of sand D. What about all the other places and possibilities? Ever wonder what or who(m) is out there somewhere? This one little planet and one flawed species surely can't be it. Makes no sense. If this is the best of all of that was it really worth it? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee!  :)
      January 10, 2019 4:00 AM MST

There must be billions of planet with different life forms to us Rosie....who knows...there might even be exact replicas of us all even...

You liken us to grains of sands and that's exactly hat we all are....we are all a slightly different mixture of atoms  and nothing else at all.....if you look at a heap of shingle and study the patterns they lie in.....it's not long before you observer other patterns the same or very close to the original one....
    I'm not sure ,but what about identical twins....my mum is one and that still look pretty much the same...
    Clothing and mannerisms are the only way of telling them apart is looking for subtle differences as they age.....things like hair length and style...marks on hands like finger nail lengths.....

My dad and unkle still mix them up to this day and often get to grips with the wrong one...My cousin from my aunt is also so much like me....it's like looking at a moving mirror image moving about...I'm though the constant crazy one and she is more refined I'm told...lol  
      January 10, 2019 5:44 AM MST

We are told no two snowflakes are alike. That is something no one can possibly know because it would require seeing every snowflake that ever was, is or ever will be and that is an impossibility. There may be MILLIONS of identical snowflakes and there may be MILLIONS of identical humans among the trillions times trillions of possibilities. So to be full of oneself is an idiocy beyond understanding. And so many homo sapien humans are full of themselves. AS  IF. SIGH. It is far more than one limited human brain can grasp or comprehend. But at least some of us are TRYING to do so while others of us think we're it. We're the tops. We the only and best never to be eclipsed.  We are the be all and end all of all. HAH! Well I think that's pure bologna. What is pure  bologna but mystery meat made up of leftovers and unwanted bits and pieces of animal. SIGH. We are very small. We are unable to think beyond our own self-interests. Sadly that is why we will never come to terms with accepting one another. So unless the template is changed we will never change. Full of self-delusion and self-satisfaction and self-aggrandizement as we are there is no need to look farther/further beyond the ends of our noses. We are all there is. We are all that matters. We are the very best. We are the all and only. SIGH. What a lie!  :( This post was edited by RosieG at January 10, 2019 1:11 PM MST
      January 10, 2019 6:18 AM MST

To think we are alone is foolish Rosie...if there is one ,there are others also...There are twenty million different living things that's known on this planet....they say thousands of new species are found each year....how many also have become extinct through eveoloution ,natural disasters ,wars and human slaughter like America's passenger pigeons   ...
    As for the depths of the oceans and life type  organisms living in the ground.....Who know what they will find there in years to come.. This post was edited by Nice Jugs at January 11, 2019 1:16 PM MST
      January 10, 2019 1:19 PM MST

Precisely sweetie! Exactamundo! Thank you for your reply D!  :)
      January 11, 2019 7:39 AM MST

Whether we are the first, last, or only sentient being God created is immaterial to me and I don't speculate on the existence of other sentient creatures---although I would not be surprised if they exist.

However, if you are interested, CS Lewis, in Perelandra (the second book of his space trilogy) he weaves an interesting and entertaining tail of a sentient species on the planet "Perelandra" that did not fall from grace in their "Garden of Eden."

Edit:  And I forgot to mention, he speaks of other sentient beings in that book. This post was edited by tom jackson at January 11, 2019 7:40 AM MST
      January 10, 2019 3:06 PM MST

No disrespect intended tom but I think it is very odd when you say "I don't speculate on the existence of other sentient creatures". I would ask why but if you wanted me to know you would have provided me with a reason why and you did not. So do you speculate on non-sentient things or is speculation not your cuppa tea? It is anathema to some and perhaps you are one of them. Do you have a very active imagination or is that something you don't spend time on because it is too frivolous and uncertain? Some folks despise anything to do with "WHAT IF ". They want facts and proof and reality. I am not that at all. I speculate on everything. I can't not. It is in my nature to be curious about things I can see/touch..things I can't. I travel furthest and best in my imagination tom. Once there I am unlimited as to where I go, how long I will stay and what I will find there. Which makes life constantly surprising and  exciting to me. I have never tried to restrict or limit my wandering or wondering. I see no reason why I should. So I ask away and sometimes I encounter folks like me who love to play and so off we go. Sometimes I encounter folks like you to whom such play is a waste of time. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 11, 2019 7:46 AM MST
      January 11, 2019 7:45 AM MST

Actually ... wouldn't the "Heavenly hosts" been the first attempt, as they predate even Adam and Eve?
    They also had "free will", in order to rebel against God.

When you look at the big picture, it makes God seem petty (IMO).
    If He is all-knowing, He would have known both Angels and Humans would turn away from Him even before He created them ... yet punishes them for doing so.
      January 11, 2019 7:46 AM MST

I m speaking of beings that are not heavenly or other worldly Walt. Regular folks like thee and me. Not angels or fallen angels or arkangels. Although come to think about if true that aliens once visited earth perhaps they were the first creations elsewhere in a different place with different schematics or working drawings. I don't know if GOD is a planner first and then executes following the plan or if He works without a net.  The question is more centered on what we are not so much what GOD is. Thank you for your reply.
      January 11, 2019 7:52 AM MST

Well, even discounting "heavenly beings" ... we know there were at least 2 species of Humans existing at the same time, at one point.
    Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens.

I mean, what if God created Neanderthals first, then refined His Work and created Homo Sapiens?

And if "all his many creations" were perfect ... their creations would also be perfect.
    A perfect being can not create an imperfect thing.
    Since we are obviously NOT perfect ... ... ...
      January 11, 2019 8:29 AM MST

That is indeed a conundrum. If one is truly perfect that includes all actions. If a "perfect" someone creates an "imperfect" someone or some thing then that person was not perfect. So it is not enough to be "perfect in any every way" oneself. One is also responsible for the imperfections of his/her creations? Is that right? So all parents are responsible for the deeds of their children? All manufacturers are responsible for the defects of the products they make? All auto makers are responsible for the deaths caused by defective autos? All gun makers are responsible for the deaths caused by their products? All cigarette makers are responsible for the lung cancer deaths caused by smoking cigarettes? Creating anything/anyone comes with heavy price tag in that case. Maybe it's better to not. I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday!  :)
      January 12, 2019 3:25 AM MST

God doesn't practice.  God is already perfect and so are all his many creations.

Just because we as humans think we can Judge GOD?  We have no clue what is in the Mind of GOD.

All is as it should be.
      January 11, 2019 7:49 AM MST

So I guess that's that then. No need to ask any questions right? God doesn't make junk. Perfection cannot be improved upon..even in fantasy. Sad if true. Thank you for your reply.
      January 11, 2019 7:53 AM MST