Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The world is a very dangerous place. What scares you the most about its current iteration? Why?

The world is a very dangerous place. What scares you the most about its current iteration? Why?

Posted - January 10, 2019

Responses

I can't speak specifically about the rest of the world but because I live in the United States I'll give my opinion about that.

What scares me the most about its current iteration is the moral collapse I have seen happening. There are more but I'll list five of the main consequences of a moral collapse.1. The collapse of marriage. 2. The rise in crime. 3. Poor government. 4. Dependence, and I'll explain what I mean by that. Americans have traditionally been some of the most self-reliant people on the face of the earth. People used to be ashamed to be on the dole even if they felt like they had no other choice. Judging by the numbers we see today, that’s no longer true. 5. Lack of civility and manners.

Explaining number 5 above, between the anonymity of the Internet, the crudity of much of modern music and TV along with our bad habit of rewarding every reality show star and jackass with 15 minutes of fame as long as they’re willing to go to any lengths to catch our attention, we’ve become a crass, rude and obnoxious culture. 

We live in a country that often rewards sarcasm instead of wisdom, rudeness instead of insight and the squeaky wheel instead of the farsighted patriot. You’re more likely to get your way in America if you claim to be angry, offended or can just make enough noise on social media than if you’re plain old right. How well is that working out for our country? Sorry for the lengthy answer but it needed a bit of explanation I guess because I am very passionate about this subject. As always, just my opinion. :)
      January 10, 2019 6:34 AM MST

No need to apologize to me EVER ru. That is a most wonderfully thoughtful response to my question. Very articulate and clear cut. Nothing fuzzy or mysterious or questionable about it. I agree with thee wholeheartedly and honestly I cannot think of what you said being able to be improved upon in any way. Thank you for investing your time and energy and thought in response to my question I really appreciate it m'dear! Happy Thursday as well! :)
      January 10, 2019 6:45 AM MST

Thank you much for the kind words. I normally try to be concise in my answers but sometimes the subject matter I'm passionate about warrants more. Thank you for asking the question. :)
      January 10, 2019 6:54 AM MST

You're entirely welcome. It's quite rare that I get thanked for asking a question. More often folks chastise me for doing so. So I really appreciate your kindness! Of course I always welcome thoughtful replies ru and very often the longer the replies  are the more thoughtful they are . Not always of course but some things are rather complicated and some who answer (like you) want to be very specific and that takes more time than giving a pot shot hip shot broadbrush superficial reply! Sometimes succinct/brief can be wonderful. It all depends on what the question brings out in you.  :)
      January 10, 2019 7:01 AM MST

The world is not my business.  I can really do nothing about it.  

I have to trust in God to take care of the world.  It's all I can do.  Think about it.  This world is temporary.  It matters very little in the face of what is real.  This is not real.  When we die, that is real.   I have to live a good life and do the best I can and leave the world to God.  My job is to love other people.  My job is to help humanity.  My job is to be the best person I can.  That is the only thing I can control.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 11, 2019 4:41 AM MST
      January 10, 2019 7:02 AM MST

You just confused me. You say you can do nothing about the world because it is not your business. Then you say your job is to love people and help HUMANITY. Well which is it? You can't not do anything about yet do something about it as best you can in your corner of the world. No I am not being a smart a** here. I just need clarification. You are part of the world. You either take some actions that make your time here positive or you don't. I think you do. You may not be aware of it. Thank you for your reply Sharon. Don't get ticked off at me okey dokey?
      January 11, 2019 4:44 AM MST