Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » How many of YOU in TRUMP'S base would love for him to control YOUR paycheck? Not a comfortable shoe to wear then is it?

How many of YOU in TRUMP'S base would love for him to control YOUR paycheck? Not a comfortable shoe to wear then is it?

How loyal ARE you when it is YOUR pocketbook that is affected?  

TOTAL HYPOCRITES.  I suppose you don't have any kids of yours in cages either?

TOTAL HYPOCRITES.

Posted - January 10, 2019

Responses

• It's just not your shoe size/IQ. :P
      January 10, 2019 2:04 PM MST

It seems to me that withholding pay from public service employees -- (either by asking them to stop work indefinitely when they have done nothing wrong and are not redundant or by not paying for emergency jobs that they are continuing to perform) -- should be illegal.
    It is at the least immoral, improper and inappropriate.
    To me, it seems to be an impeachable offence worth testing in the courts.

The same applies to the idea of bringing in the armed services to build the wall under national emergency contingency when there is no national emergency.

Trump wants to keep his promise to his base - but he may have made a promise that was not capable of being kept. And that's the trouble with making rash promises without thorough prior research.

In a democracy, the majority vote should be able to pass, with the proviso that the result should not disadvantage minorities.

I think America needs to consider the possibility of referendums to amend the constitution to create a fairer democratic system.
    Public debate on all the issues would be a useful place to start.
      January 10, 2019 6:21 PM MST