Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you see the world through rose-colored glasses? When you look in the mirror are your lenses tinted or clear?

Do you see the world through rose-colored glasses? When you look in the mirror are your lenses tinted or clear?

Posted - January 12, 2019

Responses

These days one almost has to use "rose-colored glasses". 

The world is filled with violence and corruption!  Terrorism, murders, gun-violence, kidnappings, rapes; leaders are more concerned about themselves than those they're supposed to be "leading" - some even kill their fellow citizens; hatred is running rampant - hatred over nationality, race, gender, religion, age, political stance; hackers want your money and identity, thieves want your possessions, and the value of a human life is at an all time low (animals rate higher).  And if that weren't enough, the planet itself is out to kill us - storms, floods, fires, earthquakes, droughts, famines, tsunamis...! 

The rich get richer on the backs of the poor.  Your own home (if you're lucky enough to even have one) may explode due to decaying utility lines  (money that should have gone to repair them went to CEO's and politicians pockets).  Banks bilk millions out of their homes and savings so that their managers can live lavishly. Criminals have more rights than honest citizens.   Politicians and judges are easily bribed, so much so that justice is becoming a joke (if you're poor, don't expect justice - swift or otherwise).

Am I being pessimistic (wearing black glasses) or is this simply the sad reality of life today?   With all this going on one just about has to don rose-colored glasses.  

Impeach the president and things will get better.  
    Ban all guns and things will get better.  
    If we all loved each other things will get better.
    Hire more police and things will get better.
    Give all workers pay raises and things will get better.
    Build a border wall and things will get better.
    Stop polluting the earth and things will get better.

Maybe... and maybe not.   Depends on the color of your glasses.

January 12, 2019 10:43 AM MST

That is an extremely "meaty " reply Shuhak. One must take small bites, chew thoroughly and swallow before taking another small bite. I find no crack in your logic or thoughts. There is nothing there with which I have a problem. Nothing I can disagree with or argue about or dismiss. So I am taking small bites. I read all of it and now I will go back and read it again slowly. Thank you for your thoughtful reply m'dear! :)
      January 13, 2019 2:39 AM MST

I can see clearly now the rain has gone
    I can see all obstacles in my way

The sun is out the night is gone

It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day.

Why choose negatively when you have a choice?  You do have a choice.

That does not mean bury your head in the sand and pretend all is well.  It means, I have the energy to stay the course and not permit the negative to win.
      January 12, 2019 10:47 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Sharon. Once again..different strokes for different folks. I keep pointing out all the wrongs the evil the sabotage the lies. ALL NEGATIVE. It's my job. :)
      January 13, 2019 2:40 AM MST

You can't help but look at the world through Rosie-colored glasses, can you?
      January 13, 2019 2:46 AM MST