Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you TRUSTWORTHY when you are sworn to secrecy even when you've had a falling out with the person whose secret you're keeping?

Are you TRUSTWORTHY when you are sworn to secrecy even when you've had a falling out with the person whose secret you're keeping?

You take that secret to the grave NO MATTER WHAT?

Posted - January 13, 2019

Responses

I try to live by the following:

Matthew 5:33-37  "Again, you have heard that it has been said by them of old time, You shall not forswear yourself, but shall perform to the Lord your oaths: 34 But I say to you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 36 Neither shall you swear by your head, because you can not make one hair white or black. 37 But let your communication be, Yes, yes; No, no: for whatever is more than these comes of evil."

I never take an oath, vow, or make promises. Those who know me know that what is said to me in private stays with me to my grave even if we have a falling out. Good question. :)
      January 14, 2019 3:51 AM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful reply ru and Happy Monday to you. Thank you for the compliment as well. I appreciate it! :)
      January 14, 2019 7:41 AM MST

I'm about as trustworthy as you can get. Too bad other people don't know about it.
      January 14, 2019 7:44 AM MST

• Yes.   If I promise not to mention something, it's a promise I keep regardless of the status of the relationship with the person who swore me to secrecy.   Secrets that I keep are not my stories to tell, so I don't tell them.
      January 14, 2019 7:56 AM MST