Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Do you think Trump was inspired to end the shutdown today to divert attention away from the arrest of his pal Roger Stone this morning?

Do you think Trump was inspired to end the shutdown today to divert attention away from the arrest of his pal Roger Stone this morning?

No munee for the wall.

Posted - January 25, 2019

Responses

Probably. Roger Stone has been a boil on the a$$ of this country since and maybe before Nixon. I believe he will serve jail time for lying to Congress.
      January 25, 2019 6:51 PM MST

I would say not so much. Stone will be thrown under the bus like Cohen was.

I’d assert a large part of the impetus for Trump’s capitulation to the inevitable was the assault on the one thing that matters most to him: his vanity.

It assailed his vanity to be locked out of the House Chamber for his SOTU, until he met the demands to reopen the gov’t he closed. Nothing he could do about it rivals the prestige of speaking at that podium. He can’t abide not getting the Big Chair. 

Trump‘s vanity was getting hammered from nearly every quarter for the shutdown crisis that he proudly created, to conflate a another crisis of his imagining. All to extort taxpayers for a “win” on his signature campaign promise, now greatly diminished. 

Poor politician that he is, Trump stupidly painted himself into a corner. Epic fail. There was no where else to go, except to unapologetically smarm his way through an explanation to hundreds of thousands of citizens going without paychecks, that he is now settling for a deal he could have gotten weeks ago. No mea culpa. No money for his wall. 
      January 25, 2019 8:45 PM MST

• Its possible as his MO is distraction when something in the news further tarnishes his embarrassing Presidency! lol
      January 25, 2019 11:50 PM MST

Pelosi stared him down. His Royal Orangeness, coward that he is, blinked first. 

January 26, 2019 1:58 AM MST

• At the end of three weeks, or sooner, Trump will declare a nation emergency and take all the money he wants to fill his pockets, I mean build the wall.
      January 26, 2019 8:03 AM MST

• Sounds about right to me.  Just another Friday night distraction from the scandal du jour.
      January 26, 2019 10:00 AM MST