Active Now

Randy D
Slartibartfast
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If an anarchist group has rules and policies within the group, would they still be anarchists?

If an anarchist group has rules and policies within the group, would they still be anarchists?

Posted - January 27, 2019

Responses

• They run off of a fake "respect" demand, and yes there are ranks.  There are also "disciplines" for disrespect.  I learned too much about it when I was in prison.
      January 27, 2019 5:46 PM MST

I think I'll keep my research here.
      January 27, 2019 5:48 PM MST

Yes, they would. 
    There wouldn’t be much cohesion as a group without an outline of process and mutual objectives. Any able organizer would know this. 
      January 27, 2019 6:43 PM MST

Hahahaha! Great question! 

January 27, 2019 8:41 PM MST

Anarchy does not mean chaos. It means no central authority.

The American colonies had no central government. Thomas Paine became the first ideological leader when he published Common Sense in 1776.

The Dutch Empire had no central government.

The tribes on the east side of the river Rhine, known to Romans as Germanicus had no central government and they whipped one third of the entire Roman army in one battle. They even mailed the general's head to the senate to be sure they knew who did what.

The portion of Hebrew history known as Judges had no central government and no laws in the land between cities.

Each of these examples lasted about 150 years and then the people threw away their achievements and demanded a central government. After that they either were conquered or collapsed from within. 
      January 28, 2019 12:38 AM MST