Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Relationships » What if you really want to get with someone but you are piss-poor, come with a heapin' plate of crap, care for a mother on hospice, etc.?

What if you really want to get with someone but you are piss-poor, come with a heapin' plate of crap, care for a mother on hospice, etc.?

Posted - January 29, 2019

Responses

Go for someone who doesn't date you for your money, but for your heart. Not many people come without baggage or crap of some sort, and most people will unfortunately experience parents or family members on hospice, because no matter how much money we raise, cancer and dementia rates aren't decreasing, and old age isn't out of fashion.  We aren't perfect Wakko, no one is, but you can find someone perfect for you. We are all just trying to enjoy life between the inevitable crap, and if we can share the good and the bad with someone else then it might just make things a little lighter and less crappy.
      January 29, 2019 5:05 PM MST

• Then you start a friendly aquaintance and let the person get to know you and your circumstances.  Most people not shallow enough to not allow you to become friends. Which is how all good relationships start:)
      January 29, 2019 5:11 PM MST

I found a mate with a heap of baggage, no money, and no family, like me.
      January 29, 2019 5:56 PM MST

Self care is key and needs to come first if it isn't already. Respite care is a big one. I know even state insurance will cover it here. Even if it's just a couple hours per week. When I was taking care of my mom, I paid a woman to come out and cover for me for a few hours on Sundays. She was a saint. I usually spent that time sleeping. Finding support is the next big thing. If you can't attend a local support group, but you want a support network, let me know and I'll email you the name of the website I used. That site was amazing because all the people had already gone through what I was going through and could help me navigate the system and find resources. They were able to lend an ear too. 

I don't think money is relevant. Everybody has crap. 

I used OKCupid for a while a couple years ago. It's still my favorite because it matches you with people who are like you and you can use it without paying. I didn't find "the one" on it, but I probably would have if I would have stayed on it. I know two people who met their spouses through it.
      January 29, 2019 9:28 PM MST