Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Is the Russia collusion narrative falling apart in the absence of evidence?

Is the Russia collusion narrative falling apart in the absence of evidence?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/01/29/roger-stone-not-guilty-plea-donald-trump-russian-collusion-bail-column/2710177002/

Posted - January 30, 2019

Responses

Tried your link -not working  (for me anyway)
      January 30, 2019 11:26 AM MST

• Trump would love for that to fall apart.  I guess we'll see what happens when Mueller is done.  But even if none are proven ... Trump and his band of merry men have plenty of other charges to face .. more coming, I'm sure.
      January 30, 2019 12:00 PM MST

• Just because Mueller hasn't published his Russia Investigation findings does NOT mean there is no collusion!  Mueller is not a hasty man who worries about satisfying Trumps claim of no collusion!  He is getting all his ducks in a row for his big reveal in his own time!  34 indictments linked to Trumps campaign and the list is growing every day!  Anyone who believes their crimes are not linked to Trump is delusional! Now Roger Stone is the latest in his ties to Wikileaks and today has stated Trump's presidency is in peril!  Drink the koolaid if you must but as people flip on Trump to save their hides you will indeed have a rude awakening coming  your way! Enjoy:)
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/30/politics/donald-trump-roger-stone-collusion/index.html
      January 30, 2019 12:01 PM MST

How does asking a question equate to "drinking the koolaid?" Is it not OK to question so-called conventional wisdom?
      January 30, 2019 8:14 PM MST

Hello Cinders717
    You do know what an 'Indictment' is, do you not..An indictment is just a formal charge, it is not a conviction and as the saying goes, you can indict a ham sandwich. Furthermore No one has either plead to, or been convicted of any crime relating to the campaign. All charges to the 7 people who have either plead or been charged have been for things that either happened years ago before Trump ran, tax evasion and the like or "process crimes", crimes that were a result of the investigation process, getting caught in a discrepancy of testimony. Sorry to burst your "delusional" bubble, but it seems that , according to the facts of the case so far, the crimes are NOT related to Trump...
    A federal Judge just this month denied Muellers request for a continuance in the case involving the Russian company and its employees after they suddenly made an appearance (via legal counsel) contesting the charges. The judge ruled that the defendants were never served...all 28 defendants...Easy to indict when you think the defendants will never show.....oooops!!! they did..
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/04/mueller-russia-interference-election-case-delay-570627
    hope that Kool-Aid tastes good to you...

January 31, 2019 5:38 PM MST

• LOL Thanks for the laugh:)  There is no way to convince me of anything you have written here.  You have the right to your opinion in this forum and so do I!  Funny how those of his biggest supporters are in denial. Just like you!  No matter how much the rope of lies is wrapping closer and closer around your beloved president!  Believe what Fox news tells you to believe as its clearly the stuff you are touting. That's too bad as you are in for a rude awakening when those indicted and those who plead guilty already will be flipping on their former employer! Anyone who considers Trump's hands clean of conspiring with Russia to win the 2016 election are ultimately going to be the ones proven delusional!!  Enjoy:)
      January 31, 2019 6:27 PM MST

I suppose that we know every piece of evidence that Mueller has up to this point? Anything resembling a special counsel only releases anything when an investigation has completed. Even if Mueller had sufficient evidence of collusion taking place, people wouldn't accept it as fact anyhow. This post was edited by my2cents at January 30, 2019 12:52 PM MST
      January 30, 2019 12:09 PM MST

And you do? Show us what you know.
      January 30, 2019 12:10 PM MST

Haven’t seen the evidence either way, Stu. There seems to be a lot of smoke.
    I do wonder why so many have jeopardized their careers and reputations telling lies about it.  

I am content to let those who are investigating it determine whether the narrative has validity or not. 
      January 30, 2019 12:30 PM MST

Simply because Mueller's team has not leaked any evidence does not mean it doesn't exist.  I'm sure that when Mueller feels his case is airtight, he will make his report at which time we will know exactly what evidence there is or is not.
      January 30, 2019 12:35 PM MST

Hi, Headache, how are you?

No.  The Russian witch hunt is alive and kicking.   We just got Stone.  He is going to cave.  

There are indictments lining up as we speak and Trump is trying to make the government shut down to distract from the Russia probe.

That is what I see.

January 30, 2019 1:22 PM MST

Funny that you, so sure without evidence or due process that Trump is guilty and will be impeached, would admit even the possibility of it being a witch hunt.
      January 30, 2019 8:17 PM MST