Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Something happened to you or you witnessed it, and all these years later the memory still makes you laugh. What happened?

Something happened to you or you witnessed it, and all these years later the memory still makes you laugh. What happened?

Posted - January 30, 2019

Responses

At one of our junior high school basketball games, my best friend got a steal mid-court and proceeded to run the wrong way and score 2 points for the opposing team (despite all of us yelling 'WRONG WAY' at the top of our lungs). 

January 30, 2019 8:02 PM MST

• Well, you all tried to help ... lol!
      January 31, 2019 9:19 AM MST

She was completely lost in the moment! 

We still laugh about that and about 100 other funny things we did as kids. I am seriously blessed to still have her in my life. 
      January 31, 2019 9:22 AM MST

Ha ha! That got me laughing,
    and normally I don't even like ball games!
    Thank you! :)
      January 31, 2019 1:18 PM MST

I'm cringing in horror for your best friend.
    That strikes me as so terribly embarrassing for her. That competitive side of me just 'feels' for her, that here she was, making a great play -- and it goes so wrong so quickly.

I'm glad you can all laugh, though- - we must, I guess.

Thanks for sharing.
    :)
    I smiled.
      January 31, 2019 1:47 PM MST

Honestly, I don't think it bothered her much. If it did, she didn't show it. 

She was always a 'class clown' and lived to get laughs. It was probably just another feather in her cap! 
      January 31, 2019 5:09 PM MST

That's excellent.

She sounds like a fun friend to have.
      February 1, 2019 5:34 PM MST

• When my son was about 7 ... he asked me if I was a virgin!!   LOL!  
      January 31, 2019 9:17 AM MST

HA! That's a good one!
      January 31, 2019 9:18 AM MST

Since most kids ask birds and bees questions at the latest by the age of six, I would guess your son had already been asking at school and getting answers, correct or otherwise in the school playground.
    His question might not have been so apparently innocent. He may have been trying to check the facts via Mom's indisputable authority.

Glad you relished the moment. This post was edited by inky at January 31, 2019 2:37 PM MST
      January 31, 2019 1:23 PM MST

• Or .. he had been hearing Madonna's song "Like a Virgin" and wanted to know what that meant.  It was popular at that time.  :)
      January 31, 2019 2:38 PM MST

that made me smile- - smiels are good.

typos are bad. i've igven up fixing thme for now
      January 31, 2019 1:47 PM MST

• like ten years ago i was playing kickball with all the neighborhood kids and this one boy kicked the ball and ran for first base, except the ball bounced off a pole and flung back and hit him and he got himself out. it was too funny not to count as an out This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 31, 2019 1:48 PM MST
      January 31, 2019 1:37 PM MST

THat's great! I hope he was OK with it all and found the humor.
      January 31, 2019 1:49 PM MST

• My dad walked into a Timex store and asked the clerk what time it is.   My mom was very embarrassed by that, but it was hilarious.
      January 31, 2019 1:53 PM MST

I think it's funny, too.
      January 31, 2019 2:04 PM MST

I was in high school, on the track team.
    I was a sprinter.
    A sprint relay.
    As usual, the track surrounded the high school football field.

In the relay, I received the baton well from my teammate.
    As I was running, arms and legs pumping fast -- I accidentally hit the baton on my upper thigh and the baton went out of my hand and flew WAY up in the air and over onto the center of the football field!
    I literally ROARED in anger and ran off the track and onto the football field, grabbed that baton and ran back onto the track, re-entered the track where I had left, and caught up with everyone and even passed a couple of guys. (Hey, I was a fast sprinter, yes.) And I successfully passed the baton to my relay mate.

My teammates were very understanding toward me, much to their credit.

I truly don't remember but I'm sure my team would have got disqualified for my leaving the track.
      January 31, 2019 1:59 PM MST

• When I was 22 my dad took the family on a Disney World vacation.  It was a balmy October day at Epcot center and my older sister who I've never really gotten along with I suppose were at the point of having our fill of each other.  Near the exit a bit of a water bottle fight broke out between us.  I may have struck first...(I definitely did).  But I doused her in pretty much the whole bottle and then she chased me around and managed to corner me and do the same.  Water got flung around everywhere and hit some old guy standing nearby.  He proceeded to start yelling at us about how we need to stop acting like children.  My folks and my sister's kids were just watching us in awe because we did create quite the spectacle with a bunch of people around. 
      January 31, 2019 2:02 PM MST