Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Business » Is the robo-call that calls my office every single day at 5:30 and says nothing and just hangs up simply trying to piss me off?

Is the robo-call that calls my office every single day at 5:30 and says nothing and just hangs up simply trying to piss me off?

Posted - January 30, 2019

Responses

• i get so many of those, and they have local area codes 
    i want to find them and kill
      January 30, 2019 4:43 PM MST

• Yes I'm pretty sure it's the same one every day but it's always a local  number....a couple times it has even shown up as the local University on my caller ID.  
      January 30, 2019 4:45 PM MST

Robo callers spoof the phone numbers. A call may look local but originate in another country.  They are trying to trick you into thinking it might be someone you know or do business with. They also use a different number each time so that blocking them is useless.
      January 30, 2019 4:46 PM MST

It's probably trying to give you an early wake-up call - so you can become the prodigal son.
      January 30, 2019 4:43 PM MST

• It's trying to turn me into the homicidal son. 
      January 30, 2019 4:46 PM MST

• If I start getting them when I am usually asleep, then I start turning my ringer off or my cell to vibrate.  I won't let them ruin what little sleep I get!  In the day I never answer a call on either phone without looking at caller ID.  They won't get me ever!
      January 30, 2019 4:47 PM MST

• It would be easy enough to ignore if it was my cell phone but with it being my office phone I'm a bit obligated to answer....sucks, lol. 
      January 30, 2019 4:50 PM MST

• Hopefully your office is not in your home as that really would suck:(
      January 30, 2019 4:53 PM MST

• Yes that would but luckily I work away from home.  The BS robo calls are confined to the office.  Oh well I suppose it makes me come across busier than I am to those outside my office, haha. 
      January 30, 2019 4:58 PM MST

• At least coworkers at work know how popular you are:)
      January 30, 2019 5:05 PM MST

• Exactly.....

"Hear how often his phone rings?  He must be a pretty big deal."  
      January 30, 2019 5:06 PM MST

I just tell them I am screwing my wife's sister and hang up. It may not work but it is fun.
      January 30, 2019 6:26 PM MST

We all get these robocalls at work.  You can hear them go from one extension to the next all the way down the hall.  Annoying as all get-out.  I keep getting calls from a mortgage broker at home.  They speak with Asian accents and I keep telling them I don't have a mortgage nor do I want one, but it doesn't seem to do any good.  The caller ID is a local area code, so I pick up.  If I don't they just leave a message on my answering machine.  At least if I pick up the call I can screech in their ear.
      January 30, 2019 7:35 PM MST

It also call you every morning a 5:30 AM. I think it have a crush on your answering machine
      January 31, 2019 10:12 PM MST