Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » If you've ever had a truly near-death experience, how long ago was it, and do you ever reflect on what others' lives would have been like if

If you've ever had a truly near-death experience, how long ago was it, and do you ever reflect on what others' lives would have been like if

you had not made it?

~

Posted - February 2, 2019

Responses

I was in a terrible car crash almost nine years ago. My husband and I do talk about it sometimes and I believe that his life would be the only one truly devastated if I had not made it. To him, I am his angel and was sent to him through prayer. There is a wonderful story to that and I will keep it to myself. 
      February 2, 2019 7:58 PM MST

Thank you for sharing this.

~
      February 2, 2019 8:16 PM MST

• 2005, working for a family owned business. The owner had a 4th of July Pool party and cook out. I don't swim so just wore nice jeans a new tank top and my new blk leather Italian sandals. Within an hour her drunken husband and mother in law dragged me off the chaise by my feet and knocked me head first into the pool, where the husband held me down when I tried to get up. He then held my head underwater.. I was terrified and soon my mind was scanning images of my life and I felt peaceful and calm. I knew I was dying. I felt bad for my sister and cousin who at the time were the only ones who would be devastated:( He eventually let go but when I didn't get up he got scared and pulled me out and they all realized he had drown me. They pounded me until I vomited water and felt burning pain in my lungs. Was glad I survived but unpleasant memory This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 3, 2019 9:00 AM MST
      February 2, 2019 9:18 PM MST

I came close to drowning twice - once in a pool when my young niece jumped in at the deep end and I tried to catch her but when we came up, she was flailing so badly that I kept going under trying to make sure her head stayed above water.  Eventually someone saw us and helped.  The second time, when I was around 24, was when I got caught in an undertow and got sucked into this vortex of water.  I didn't realize that I shouldn't have fought it trying to get to shore and I became exhausted.  Finally, this wave spit me out about half a mile from where I went in.  I truly didn't think I was going to make it.  I haven't gone in the ocean since then.  
      February 3, 2019 8:19 AM MST