Discussion » Questions » Music » Almost Valintine’s Day, need to make an ANTI-love song playlist before all the mushy garbage starts. What song you got?

Almost Valintine’s Day, need to make an ANTI-love song playlist before all the mushy garbage starts. What song you got?

Posted - February 3, 2019

Responses

• I’m not familiar with much of their music so this song is new to me. It’s a good fit for the playlist, thanks. They good live?
      February 3, 2019 9:07 AM MST

February 3, 2019 11:23 AM MST

• Classsic, it’s going on the list.
      February 3, 2019 12:37 PM MST

"Apologize"   One Republic (featuring Timbaland)

I had to laugh -- this video I posted has a big picture of him and "Timbaland" in huge letters -- then seconds later in smaller font, " featuring One Republic" -- uh - - sorry, Timbaland - but you're not the star here and it's not your song - - you'd not be doing too much in this song if it weren't for the featured band here "One Republic"
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 4, 2019 6:23 AM MST
      February 3, 2019 11:34 AM MST

• Haha, Timberland May need to get his ego in check. I love that song. It’s on the list:)
      February 3, 2019 12:40 PM MST

Maybe I'll post the original version of the song. I admit I like Timbaland's input but the song stood/stands well on its own before Timbaland (though, I mostly hear the version with Timbaland on the radio the most. And that's good -- I like it.)

:)

February 4, 2019 7:34 AM MST

February 3, 2019 1:25 PM MST

• Yes! We can’t have a anti-love playlist without some country. 
      February 3, 2019 5:45 PM MST

February 3, 2019 4:25 PM MST

• Good ones:) I love The BNL’s. I didn’t know Americans knew of them exept for Big Bang theme song lol. 
      February 3, 2019 5:47 PM MST

I've always liked their version of this song - -

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 4, 2019 7:42 AM MST
      February 4, 2019 7:36 AM MST

•    Nice :) I like a lot of there songs. Not the well known ones like” million dollars song” lol. This is one of my favourites. 
      February 4, 2019 7:47 AM MST

I hope to come back later and listen.
    I should get moving here.
    Sorry.
      February 4, 2019 7:52 AM MST

• I should probably start doing something more productive too lol. I’ll catch you later :)
      February 4, 2019 7:57 AM MST

Sounds good.
    Was in here for a brief moment again but I need to get moving a bit.Not too much, though -- still been sick. But hopefully there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Be Well - - 
      February 4, 2019 8:40 AM MST

• Ahhh, I didn’t know you’ve been unwell, I hope you feel better soon. 
      February 4, 2019 5:44 PM MST

I LOVE that one. 
    I think my actual fave is "For You" or "Jane" or maybe "The Old Apartment," which I thought were close fits for this question, but they're not exactly anti-love. "For You" is about loving as much as you can, but still holding back. "Jane" is about unrequited love for a woman who can no longer love, and "The Old Apartment" is about having continued angst over a bad relationship, even after having moved on. 

February 4, 2019 9:35 AM MST

• I love old apartment too. Have you heard : wrong man wasn’t convicted? If not, check it out. It never gets radio play but sooo good :)
      February 4, 2019 9:42 AM MST

Oh my gosh YES! That was one of my favorite songs near the end of my marriage. Always liked it, but it really hit home during that era. 

I didn't cope too well with Page leaving the band and the issues that arose post-Snack Time. I owned all their music prior to that. Over the past 3-4 years I started getting back into both sides again. The breakup was painful. lol Now, I've had time to heal and can appreciate them independently and don't feel sad when I hear their old stuff together. This post was edited by Just Asking at February 4, 2019 11:23 AM MST
      February 4, 2019 10:16 AM MST

• So many good songs :) I’ll have to explore some of their new stuff,  post breakup. I didn’t take their break up well either lol. 
      February 4, 2019 11:24 AM MST

Oh, no... I'm a HUGE BNL fan. I saw Steven Page when he was here in November (love his independent work too) and I totally fan-girled him and probably creeped him out. The rest of BNL will be here this summer and I hope to see them too, but they're playing with Hootie and the Blowfish (I know, right?) and it's one of those massive arena concerts. Not my thing. When I saw Steven, it was a super tiny venue and I was a few feet away from him. I had him sign a shirt for me and I refuse to wear it because I don't want to wash it. I might get it framed. 
      February 4, 2019 9:30 AM MST

• That’s awesome! I can’t believe  I’ve never seen them live considering they’re a Canadian band. I grew up on their music and think I had almost every Cd they put out in the 90s. Enjoy the show, just go for drinks or snack during the Hootie ordeal lol. 
      February 4, 2019 9:35 AM MST

• This one immediately came to mind.

February 4, 2019 6:23 AM MST

•  I used to love Ugly Kid Joe. He was playing at a Edge fest music festival that I went to,  in I think late 90s or early 2000s. We got lost on the drive up there and arrived late so I missed their set. Thanks remind me that. :/ good choice though. 

February 4, 2019 6:51 AM MST

• I used to listen to them all the time as well...sheesh....sorry for stirring up such a bad memory. 
      February 4, 2019 6:53 AM MST