Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What are some movies that reviewed horribly that you still enjoyed regardless?

What are some movies that reviewed horribly that you still enjoyed regardless?

If I ever see Street Fighter streaming nothing dares to keep me from watching this total piece of garbage film.

Posted - February 4, 2019

Responses

After REALLY enjoying "Alien3," I was surprised to read so many negative and/or mediocre reviews of it.

Image result for Alien3
      February 4, 2019 1:30 PM MST

• You and me both!  I absolutely loved Alien 3. 
      February 4, 2019 1:32 PM MST

:)
    Oh, wow! We're in the minority, it seems to me!

I really, really like those first three movies -- "Alien," "Aliens," and "Alien3."

And those ending scenes of "Alien3" - - the franchise should have stopped there in my opinion. "Alien3" 's concluding scenes -- absolutely gorgeous, profound, chilling, poetic, moving, sad. i could think of more superlative adjectives, too, but I'm back to the rest of the day away from answerMug - -
      February 4, 2019 1:38 PM MST

• Agreed.....I thought the first 3 was magnificent. And then the franchise became a train wreck starting with Resurrection. I also couldn't get into Prometheus and I haven't even bothered watching Alien:Covenant at this point.  Take care Welby. 
      February 4, 2019 1:42 PM MST

February 5, 2019 1:09 PM MST

• "Bonnie and Clyde" got pretty bad reviews when it came out.  It was pretty violent .. but I liked the love story part of it.
      February 4, 2019 2:09 PM MST

• Time is oh so kind to the classics though...if you look at the ratings on that movie today it gets reviewed very well.  Maybe it's a movie that just wasn't a right fit for the time period it was released.  
      February 4, 2019 2:27 PM MST

• It is much more appreciated now for sure.
      February 4, 2019 5:29 PM MST

• Spaceballs
      February 4, 2019 3:18 PM MST

• That's a funny one!
      February 4, 2019 5:30 PM MST

• Yes! I love Mel Brooks movies, and this one is one of my faves.
      February 4, 2019 5:32 PM MST

• So do I.  He was so funny.  I just rewatched Robin Hood Men in Tights ... lol!
      February 4, 2019 5:34 PM MST

• Aw, I loved that one as well.   I haven't seen it in ages, so it's going on my Netflix list.
      February 4, 2019 5:45 PM MST

I liked that movie a lot, too!

For some reason, I'm remembering most the characters marching around on a planet, like a desert? And they're all whistling that theme ot another movie -- was it "The Bridge on River Kwai" maybe? I don't know. Maybe I'm losing my mind -- I just remembering laughing a lot at them marching around in the desert with some sort of music.

And is Phyllis Diller in it? Some female comedienne I like did the voice to some robot, I think. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 5, 2019 1:15 PM MST
      February 5, 2019 1:13 PM MST

• Yes!  That was Joan Rivers, and I loved her.   
      February 5, 2019 1:16 PM MST

Joan Rivers! Yes! Woops on me thinking maybe Diller.
    God, I think Rivers had me laughing possibly the most of everyone in that movie. Even though everyone made me laugh a lot.
    I like Diller a lot, too -- they both can just sit in a chair and I'd probably laugh.

Suddenly I'm thinking of Lily Tomlin in that "All of Me" movie --  PLOT SPOILER!! You hardly see Tomlin physically in that movie - - you only hear her voice. Yet, she makes me laugh uproarously (sp?). Same with Rivers in "Spaceballs."
      February 5, 2019 6:03 PM MST

• I don't know if saw All of Me, but I do love Tomlin.   I loved her in "9 to 5" and of course Laugh In.  
      February 5, 2019 6:39 PM MST

"All of Me" is a darling, little touching funny film to me. Steve Martin is in it, too. 

Yeah, I like Tomlin a lot, too. Always have. After one of her performances I saw live, a group of people (maybe 15 or so?) congregated in the alley behind the theater to hopefully greet her. She came out of the back door and she was very gracious to everyone. She said something like, "I'd love to talk with you all a bit but I have another commitment at the moment."
    And where I suddenly grabbed enough balls to say what I did, I'll never know, but I immediately sort of stepped forward and asked, "Can I then have a hug?"
    She broke out into a big smile, "Sure!" -- walking to me with arms outstretched. And we hugged.

February 6, 2019 7:33 AM MST

• Aww very nice.  
      February 6, 2019 7:56 AM MST

Yeah.
    She seemed really nice.
      February 6, 2019 8:14 AM MST

• That movie that starts with an ’S’ that guys wife is in..I forgot it again lol. 
      February 4, 2019 3:40 PM MST

• LOL which guy?
      February 4, 2019 3:45 PM MST

• Lol,The guy from the office who is married to Pam. Only not Pam, his real life wife. 

February 4, 2019 5:38 PM MST

• Is that Krasinski something? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 5, 2019 1:14 PM MST
      February 4, 2019 5:39 PM MST