Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What adventure would you like to go on. Where, what and with whom?

What adventure would you like to go on. Where, what and with whom?

Posted - February 5, 2019

Responses

Lately I've been really wanting to go to the Pacific Northwest and explore Olympic, Mt. Rainier and Cascades National Parks.

I'd like to go with my dogs and my kids. If not my kids, maybe a sexy park ranger. Or this dude:
      February 5, 2019 7:21 PM MST

I'd like to accompany that dude ,too.
    :)
      February 6, 2019 9:43 AM MST

My dream adventure buddy! :)
      February 6, 2019 7:03 PM MST

He's a cutie.
    I don't know if I'm supposed to know him. Is he famous? This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 6, 2019 7:17 PM MST
      February 6, 2019 7:17 PM MST

He's famous to nature nerds like me! He's had several shows on Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild. I'll link his wiki page. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Anderson_(naturalist)#Film
      February 6, 2019 7:24 PM MST

Thanks for the link.
    He looks hot in that wikipedia page, too. I'll hopefully read it a another time. I'm zonked and I think I'm going to sleep as I sit here.
      February 6, 2019 7:27 PM MST

Been there...go there.
      February 5, 2019 7:23 PM MST

I need to figure out the logistics and the funds, but I'm definitely planning on it! 
      February 5, 2019 7:30 PM MST

• I don’t really know. Maybe I’d like to go to Alaska so I can see Russia and also see how long it takes me to go completly mad without sunlight, for science. 
      February 5, 2019 7:23 PM MST

Or completely mad without me.
      February 5, 2019 7:27 PM MST

• That too :)
      February 5, 2019 7:27 PM MST

In mid-April we are leaving for Vancouver, BC and Banff, Alberta, Canada with stops in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Colorado.  Yes, we're driving the whole way from Florida.  We have home exchanges in the places I mentioned but part of the time we'll have to camp or stay in hotels.  We'll just make our minds up as we go along, depending on the weather.  It's going to be a hoot!
    What adventures are you planning?
      February 5, 2019 9:21 PM MST

I am adventured out. I no longer have the need for adventure.
      February 6, 2019 7:24 AM MST

Sounds amazing! Have a wonderful time!!
      February 6, 2019 6:47 PM MST

That's the plan. (To have a wonderful time.) Thanks!
      February 6, 2019 9:36 PM MST

• Patriots Point in South Carolina is my latest goal.   

https://www.patriotspoint.org/explore/uss-yorktown/
      February 5, 2019 10:09 PM MST

That saddens me somehow at the moment- - the whole war-related aspect. And why we humans do these things to each other. I get very sad thinking of so many lives lost in wars. (Eh, sorry - - I already went overboard (no pun intended) on other answers today.

Quote from a song, "Hello in There," by John Prine that often kicks me in the gut - -

"We lost Davy in the Korean War.
    Still don't know what for.
    Doesn't matter anymore."

Be Well, lavender

February 6, 2019 10:09 AM MST

• I was just a kid during the Vietnam War, and it was terribly sad. Still is.  It's important to learn about it, I feel, and it's important to honor those who fought.  My uncle was in Vietnam, although thankfully not in combat.  It's a very sad, very important part of our history.  
      February 6, 2019 10:38 AM MST

Definitely, yes, on everything you said. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 6, 2019 8:01 PM MST
      February 6, 2019 7:19 PM MST

Dirt nap.  Go alone.  The last frontier.

February 5, 2019 11:23 PM MST

Profound answer, Sharonna.

Oh, my -- that image. I remember it -- and I remember trying to blot it out of my conscience when I saw it. If I quasi-remember it correctly, these two were victims of some war.

God, the things we humans do to each other. I tire of hearing, from this person and that person, about this reason and that reason, on why we "must" do these things to each other. I'm so sick of it.

Rodney King was wise with his words. And I've always thought his words apply in an even much broader sense than he may have intended.
    Heck, I was raised to try my best to live my life this way, this way to which King asks --

"People, I just want to say, you know, can we all JUST get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids? … It’s just not right. It’s not right. It’s not, it’s not going to change anything. We’ll, we’ll get our justice … Please, we can get along here. We all can get along. "

Sorry, Sharonna, for my off-topic diatribe. Your answer simply hit home somehow.
    Good to see you --
      February 6, 2019 9:56 AM MST

Sarin gas poisoning.

I am so numb to this now.  Kids are in cages in this country.  I'd rather be the child in this picture.

February 6, 2019 10:55 AM MST

The gas poisoning. Yup, that's it. Damn.
      February 6, 2019 7:15 PM MST

• My husband and I are heading out West to Tucson this spring.  We haven't been to the desert and thought it's about time.
      February 6, 2019 5:43 AM MST