Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you procastinate and put things aside until you can "get around to it" which you rarely do? Doesn't that bother you?

Do you procastinate and put things aside until you can "get around to it" which you rarely do? Doesn't that bother you?

Or do you do what you're supposed to do when you're supposed to do it so it doesn't keep hanging in your mind shaking its figurative finger at you and guilting you 24/7?

Posted - February 8, 2019

Responses

Only cleaning where I average about one and a half rooms a week. 
      February 8, 2019 6:22 AM MST

I have become a serious procrastinator.  I hate having to put papers I get in the mail away every day, so I leave them in a pile next to my chair and when the mood strikes me, I file everything away.  Sometimes, the papers are there long enough to be moot and I can just throw them away.  Bills, however, get paid right away, but the receipts can sit on that paper pile for a while. :)
      February 8, 2019 10:27 AM MST

Your MO is precisely the one Jim employs which drives me bonkers. I put things away every day as I have completed what I needed to do.  Bills to be paid remain on the kitchen table. Once paid the receipts or whatever paperwork there was are filed in their proper files. Which means I can always find what I need IMMEDIATELY. With Jim you have to go through piles of stuff on his dresser. Every few months he takes care of it which takes an inordinate amount of time. Different strokes L. I am a retired Internal Auditor. I could not possibly have done my job if I were not organized and disciplined. Plus which I don't like messy and piles of paper are always messy. But we each have our routines and methods that work for us. As long as it works for you what more could you ask? Thank you for your reply. :)
      February 9, 2019 4:54 AM MST

I used to be like you, but somewhere along the line, I fell off the wagon. :)  I spent hours last night going through all my papers to prepare for getting my taxes done.  It will take me a week to get everything I need to throw out to my office so I can put it in the shredder.  I keep promising myself I'm not going to do that anymore, but I rarely succeed.  Happy Saturday. :)
      February 9, 2019 10:59 AM MST

((hugs)). Condolences L. I feel your pain. I keep promising myself I'm gonna be more patient. HAH! Whatta crock! Thank you for your reply. So maybe tomorrow we start?
      February 10, 2019 6:08 AM MST

Now that I've just about worked that pile down to a few papers, I'm going to try and file them all away this weekend and not let them pile up again, but I know me and that's probably wishful thinking. :)  Happy Sunday. :)
      February 10, 2019 9:50 AM MST

((hugs)) That's for your efforts and good intentions my friend. They have to precede  good actions! That's worth a lot! Thank you for your reply L and Happy Monday! :)
      February 11, 2019 6:07 AM MST

The test will be when I get today's mail.  If there is anything to be filed away, will I file it or pile it?  LOL ...
      February 11, 2019 8:38 AM MST

I try to be clean always.  I only do big, deep cleaning projects when I have time.  I just shampooed all my rugs myself and that took me a year to find the time.  
      February 10, 2019 9:52 AM MST

• I have never been a procrastinator.   My husband and daughter are big procrastinators though, and that has always driven me up the wall, especially when she was younger.   
      February 10, 2019 9:53 AM MST

I am that only on things that don't matter and ya know what lavender? So far I've lucked out. They just took care of themselves without my involvement! Go figger! Sometime benign neglect works best! Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 11, 2019 6:08 AM MST

I used to, until I got one.

February 11, 2019 6:26 AM MST