Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Have you ever wondered what sport an 80 year old woman is going to while driving a so-called 'sport utility vehicle?

Have you ever wondered what sport an 80 year old woman is going to while driving a so-called 'sport utility vehicle?

Posted - February 9, 2019

Responses

At that age, breathing while driving IS a sport. 
      February 9, 2019 10:43 AM MST

Not so true......Last week my dad hired a muck away eight wheeler 38 ton grabber lorry that turned up at one of my dad jobs with a 83 year old HGV driver operator ....He came twice in the same day and also did other jobs up in the city of London...
      February 9, 2019 11:25 AM MST

I said woman and sport.
      February 9, 2019 11:29 AM MST

Well ,he could hace been a Cross dressing  vicar that gets angry when he has to bats for the opposeing team....God your question can get so penickety at times ,plus you know how I like you to bend the rules for new..
      February 9, 2019 12:33 PM MST

Turtle races
      February 9, 2019 11:56 AM MST

• There is no such thing as a slow-driving senior in this part of Solano County.    I've yet to encounter one.     Half the idiots that drive those big sport utility cars here are the peanut butter moms/soccor moms.    They're the worst.  The WORST here.  Every time we hear of a child being hit by a car walking to or from school, it's a soccer mom that can't drive for $hit.      It's very sad, and it seem to be a bigger problem out here than it was in our former city.
      February 9, 2019 12:29 PM MST

No.  I see them every day.  I don't really get the question here.  I've been driving a true SUV (on truck frame) for 20 years.  You can hardly even buy one of those any more.  Todays SUVs are really station wagons and nothing more.
      February 9, 2019 4:47 PM MST

Dang...someone who thinks like me. I still call them trucks. But I also call my flip phone a two-way radio.
      February 10, 2019 7:05 AM MST

There are only 12 (I believe now) real SUVs.  Crossovers are built on uniframes and are nothing but cars with a wagon look.  I hated like hell to let my truck go but between its imminent transmission death and my need to be able to transport my 4'7" mother, I said goodbye to it.  I bought a little sedan that is fine for now.  I have my eye on a Toyota 4 Runner.

Hey don't disrespect the flip phone.  I love my little flip.  I turn it on only when I need to make a call.  It's my replacement for a pager and public coin phones.  I use a land line at home exclusively.
      February 10, 2019 10:01 PM MST

Sport driving.

Plus  no one is doing sports in that vehicle.
      February 10, 2019 7:06 AM MST