Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Have you ever sang for your supper....?

Have you ever sang for your supper....?

Posted - February 9, 2019

Responses

Yes actually, I have.  Way, way back in the day, many, many moons ago, I sang with a group called the Nighthawks.  We were on our way to do a tour beginning in Japan.  In Alaska however, I fell ill with a throat condition, my neck looked like a sumo wrestler, chin to chest one big gob. The group went on without me.  I saw an ENT Dr., he ordered me not to speak for 3 months.  It slowly healed, so much for my big break.  My voice changed and became deeper. 
    In Alaska we ate for free a few times at the places we performed. I did impressions of the popular singers of the day.  Surprise, surprise, surprise as that feller in TV used to say.  hahahaha

This post was edited by . at February 10, 2019 7:17 AM MST
      February 9, 2019 2:43 PM MST

Funny how life gives with one hand and takes it back seconds later with the other...:( 
      February 9, 2019 3:32 PM MST

Wasn't meant to be.  I was actually relieved, little scared, another country and all.  I had other responsibilities that came first. 
      February 9, 2019 5:50 PM MST

• Many years ago. I must have been about 15 or 16 years old. It was Shooting Star from Bad Company, and my friend's boyfriend and I had a bet that one would eff up the lyrics (It was a form of drunk Karaoke, although I don't know if Karaoke was a thing back then).   I don't know who won. All I remember is he was singing in his underwear.   Good times.  I forgot to add that the prize was a meal of the winner's choice. Mine was of course pancakes.  I don't remember eating pancakes or even cooking a meal for him, so maybe we both lost. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 10, 2019 7:14 AM MST
      February 9, 2019 6:36 PM MST