Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Sometimes taking a "shortcut" is the longest way around. Are you a shortcut taker or do you go by the book, stay on the path you should?

Sometimes taking a "shortcut" is the longest way around. Are you a shortcut taker or do you go by the book, stay on the path you should?

Posted - February 10, 2019

Responses

I don't see where wasting time doing something the long way is necessarily the correct way.  Sometimes it is.  But I do believe in working smart and not harder.
      February 10, 2019 9:27 AM MST

But when you take a shortcut you perforce are eliminating part of the path which may include ESSENTIALS to your success. You can't know it if you don't take it. Sometimes you get lost and finding your way back causes critical delays. I guess there is always an upside/downside. You can gamble and possibly make a killing or lose everything. Thank you for your reply Sharon.
      February 11, 2019 3:04 AM MST

• At work, we had protocols to follow, so shortcuts were not always an option.. In the real world, I suppose it depends.   Driving through Oakland to visit family for instance - some of the shortcuts are not always safe, so it's best to just deal with the longer way.   In my Genealogy research, if there are shortcuts, I don't want to know. I love researching.  Ancestry sometimes love their little green leaf hints.  They're not always an  accurate shortcut though, so research is still best.
      February 10, 2019 9:33 AM MST

Agreed, research is still best. Unfortunately many will simply repeat what they hear rather than actually doing the research for themselves to find out if what they are repeating is true or false. :)
      February 10, 2019 11:45 AM MST

:):):)
      February 11, 2019 3:40 AM MST

((hugs)) That's for ENJOYING THE PROCESS lavender. I do too. That is not to say that I haven't taken shortcuts in the past. But a couple of times I got lost and it took a long time to find my way back. Better to stay on the proven path than strike off on your own. Especially if you are like me. No sense of direction! Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday m'dear! :)
      February 11, 2019 3:07 AM MST

No shortcuts here. I research everything. If I take shortcuts, I may miss something critical and that, for me, is unacceptable. :)
      February 10, 2019 11:51 AM MST

I think you missed something very critical.  Your president is a criminal.  Start studying that one.
      February 10, 2019 11:52 AM MST

No, I didn't miss anything here, critical or otherwise. You however did. Rosies question "wasn't" about Trump. It was about taking shortcuts. Had you "studied" her question, you would have known that and would hopefully have dispensed with your all too frequent, many times totally unrelated, unnecessary and picayune political digs.
      February 10, 2019 12:16 PM MST

EXACTAMUNDO! Precisely! Every step in a process is meaningful. Cutting out some of them may prevent you from getting to where you want to go. Thank you for your reply ru and Happy Monday to you! :)
      February 11, 2019 3:08 AM MST