Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » Is bath or showering more than twice in a day bad for the body?

Is bath or showering more than twice in a day bad for the body?

Posted - August 26, 2016

Responses

• You don't want to over-loofah. 

August 26, 2016 12:46 PM MDT

What's a bofy?

Seriously, it isn't unless you see some weird signs.  There are all kinds of arguments about what is good or not for the skin.  I take a lot of baths and more than one a day and my skin is fine and dandy.   You have to down here, it is hot as heck.

August 26, 2016 12:59 PM MDT

I don't think so! In fact bathing or showering is one of the good things your body could get.. More no of baths would not going to harm you in anyway..

August 26, 2016 3:10 PM MDT

• Can be ... I'm all for cleanliness, but many of the oils etc, not to mention good bacteria are there for a reason ... It's like overdosing on anti biotics ... How much is too much depends on you personally, climate etc

August 26, 2016 5:41 PM MDT

Too much vigorous scrubbing, too much exposure to hot water on our skin, too much contact with the various chemicals found in toiletries are all contributing factors that make excessive bathing and showering bad for us.

~
      August 29, 2016 10:08 PM MDT

• I've been brought up to believe that overuse of soaps and shampoos harm your body. My mother advises that unless it's just prior to going out, a second bath should be without soap.

My late homeopath never used soap at all. Only water, and a vigorous rub.

August 30, 2016 7:24 AM MDT

• I've been brought up to believe that overuse of soaps and shampoos harm your body. My mother advises that unless it's just prior to going out, a second bath should be without soap.

My late homeopath never used soap at all. Only water, and a vigorous rub.

August 30, 2016 7:27 AM MDT

Hello N:

Well, it's bad for MY body.  Bathing helps remove the top layer of skin, and I need all the skin I can get.

excon

August 30, 2016 7:33 AM MDT

• Is this a jovial remark to imply you're thick skinned and intend to stay that way?

August 30, 2016 8:15 AM MDT

Hello again, N:

Nahh... It implies that I'm old and my skin is falling off.

excon

August 30, 2016 8:36 AM MDT

Mom always knows best, right?

:)
      August 31, 2016 6:28 AM MDT

I'm glad you clarified it; I thought it meant "getting some action". (Wink, nudge.)

~
      August 31, 2016 6:29 AM MDT

Lol! (Ouch!)

~
      August 31, 2016 6:31 AM MDT

as a retired makeup artist and someone always interested in skincare, I'd say YES....

over washing the body is never good for it,,and serves no purpose, unless of course you're doing something where you work up a sweat; you know, tennis, picking cotton in the hot sun, loading crates of apples onto a truck, etc.   (lol)  but even then, one good shower/bath should be enough.

and ENOUGH already with those  long, HOT showers......hot water dries out your skin, and standing under hot water also - wastes water!!!!!

always use moderate water temperatures on your body and face.....as for loofahs? they are much too rough......get one of those nylon scrubby things instead.........loofahs are also hard to rinse/sanitize really clean, also....DOWN WITH LOOFAHS!!

AND NEVER USE DEODORANT SOAPS... all soaps kill germs/bacteria.....but the dimethicone in those soaps is not good for your skin and natural body bacteria.......

so please, folks, take care of your skin.....it's the only one ya got!!!!!!

:-D

September 2, 2016 8:13 AM MDT