Active Now

DannyPetti
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Where is it written that the older you get the longer it takes to heal? Is it an ABSOLUTE TRUTH for everyone everywhere?

Where is it written that the older you get the longer it takes to heal? Is it an ABSOLUTE TRUTH for everyone everywhere?

Posted - February 14, 2019

Responses

I am only 62 - and I'm in excellent health, though not optimum fitness.
    I can strain a muscle more easily than when I was young,
    and it takes three times longer to heal than when I was twenty.

People with diabetes have great difficulty in healing from cuts and infections.

People on blood-pressure medication bruise much more easily, and the bruises are slow to heal.

People who do weight training and get adequate Calcium and Vit D avoid osteoporosis.

All health issues are made much worse by overweight.

People who do 3 x 3 minutes of high intensity interval training 3 times per week are causing their mitochondrial cells to reproduce,
    which maintains youth and fitness for longer, improves fitness, endurance, immunity, stress resilience, weight loss, and healing.
    See any of Dr Michael Moseley's documentaries or books for the latest double-blind tests and evidence.

Some people in their late eighties and even nineties can be very "youthful", ie energetic and active,
    if they've maintained a healthy lifestyle throughout most of their lives.
      February 14, 2019 9:03 AM MST

Thank you for a very thoughtful and helpfully informative reply NdP. I appreciate it. Happy Friday to thee! :)
      February 15, 2019 6:09 AM MST

You're always welcome, Rosie. It's a pleasure.
    Thank you for asking so many interesting questions
    - often questions that prompt me to think, research or both - two of my favourite pass-times.
      February 16, 2019 2:22 AM MST

Backatcha NdP. I am pleasured too.  I rarely get thanked so thanks for the thank you too! Not that I need that. What I am after is basically illuminating conversation to help me understand what I don't. Either because I don't have the ability to "get it" or because there is nothing to be got since it makes no sense at all! A never-ending quest for logical HONEST answers!  Happy Saturday to thee NdP! :)
      February 16, 2019 4:31 AM MST

I believe it's covered under the Law of Entropy.
      February 14, 2019 9:16 AM MST

Nothing/no one escapes the jaws of ENTROPY. From birth to death ENTROPY is our nemesis. What we have to look forward to....a future of descending into inevitable decline/death. I think, like Scarlett O'Hara, I will think about that tomorrow.
      February 15, 2019 6:12 AM MST

Never read that but certainly seems to be true.  I bruised my foot a while back and it still hurts. I'm thinking it is taking weeks to heal what would have been only a matter of a few days when I was younger. 
      February 15, 2019 6:15 AM MST

Getting older ain't for wimps! That's for sure! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee og.
      February 16, 2019 4:32 AM MST